What European country is your perfect fit?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I guess I'd have to pick Switzerland. Being an Anglophile, I'd also have to pick England.

Edit: The linked game indicated Italy.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Mine turned out to be 56.8% British/Irish. The rest was the predictable mixture - broadly northern continental, with Dutch, German, French, Scandinavian. There was a small percentage each of NA/East Asian, a splinter of Ashkenazim Jewish. 22.6% was broadly Northern European, which means it's everywhere in Northern Europe. I only had .9% broadly European, which could be southern European as well. My wife had a lot more in that area than she expected. She was almost as much Neanderthal as I. I was at 3.1%, which placed me at more than 97% of Europeans. She was 2.7%...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The country of my perfect fit isn't in Europe. Mine is the one that European countries calls for help when their bully-neighbors start picking on them.
Bama Reb,

I like/love your country and mine. My Irish-German-Dutch blood loves the U. S. A. Let's make sure it is around for a few more decades and hopefully centuries. Let's make sure no one destroys it even though we know some are trying.

We still need to be a MORE Perfect union, but we are still the best in existence ever.

What other country do you have where everyone wants in instead of out? I like/love Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" and on this Memorial Day, Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". Just as soon as I post this, I'm going to YouTube to listen to both of those songs.

Our country is made up of people from everywhere and that's a major reason why it's an exceptional country no matter what some people say.

Many people have shed lots of blood for the FREEDOMS that we have. Let's not let that blood be shed in vain. Seems like lots of people are not willing to WORK to keep it that way and that is very sad.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ireland.

Well, I'm a mix of Dutch-Scottish-Irish-British-Native American (Cherokee), so at least defensible. And I qualify as the typical Irish tenor. On the other hand, I'm not Catholic.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
I quit about 4 questions in. There was no "none of the above" option, which is what I would have taken on all of them. I didn't like any of the options. I guess that means none of them are a perfect fit; so maybe they're on to something?

Edit: What else about this is stupid is there is a question about what you want for lunch that features a large picture of an appetizing plate of pasta. You can't select that. You have to choose from one of four other dishes I would pass up for a PBJ. Why can't I have the pasta?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
These internet quizzes have no algorithms I've been able to discern...
I think it looks something like this:
=RANDCOUNTRY(WESTERNEUROPE,1,FALSE)

After all, they do not really intend to provide an actual country that you fit best. They really just want you to be interested enough in the idea of the quiz to take it.

At least once a week, a different person on my Facebook feed posts something to the effect of, "I never do these, but I had to do this one!" And that's why they have them.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think it looks something like this:
=RANDCOUNTRY(WESTERNEUROPE,1,FALSE)

After all, they do not really intend to provide an actual country that you fit best. They really just want you to be interested enough in the idea of the quiz to take it.

At least once a week, a different person on my Facebook feed posts something to the effect of, "I never do these, but I had to do this one!" And that's why they have them.
I took a very similar one a week ago and it came up with France...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.