Athlon and SEC West

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Alabama hasn't been listed yet. The number one and two teams are released today. Highly unlikely Alabama goes unranked.

Here
Agreed. it is a certainty that Bama and Ohio State will be the last two ranked with a 95% certainty that Ohio St will be #1.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I realize I am not as knowledgeable as the vast majority of you good people on this site. That being said, I have a little difficulty in understanding how, after 6/7 years of top notch recruiting classes, and supposed Coaching second to none, how Bama is not always considered number 1, no matter what poll is taken. Given maybe a weakness if one area, the strength of quality in other areas should vastly overshadow whatever any other team could present as competition to Bama. I guess I fail to consider the fact that BAMA loses so many underclassmen to the NFL that it weakens experience factor to the point that this is the result. I hate when that happens. Did I just give myself an answer as to my own confusion?

Roll Tide!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I realize I am not as knowledgeable as the vast majority of you good people on this site. That being said, I have a little difficulty in understanding how, after 6/7 years of top notch recruiting classes, and supposed Coaching second to none, how Bama is not always considered number 1, no matter what poll is taken. Given maybe a weakness if one area, the strength of quality in other areas should vastly overshadow whatever any other team could present as competition to Bama. I guess I fail to consider the fact that BAMA loses so many underclassmen to the NFL that it weakens experience factor to the point that this is the result. I hate when that happens. Did I just give myself an answer as to my own confusion?

Roll Tide!
Ohio State won it all last year. So, provided that they didn't lose all their starters, they're the presumptive #1.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
The Barn is overrated, maybe by a lot. If the officials make as much progress continuing to enforce the rules as written instead of helping Guster, his offense is going to struggle. Coach Boom is a good x and o coach for their D and a good motivator/recruiter. But he's not going to get it done with the talent they have on defense and trying to keep up with how fast that offense can land them back on the field. They'll be a decent team. They will not win it all, they will not win the SEC, and they will not win the SEC West.

I'd put Ohio State #1. They won it all, have a decent number of returning players, a decent coach, and a very manageable schedule.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Roll Tide!
Because despite how well Alabama recruits, you still have to develop those recruits. While Nick Saban is one of the best at both, some recruits still don't pan out. Then you have the early departures that you mentioned, plus the fact that so many other schools have always been right on Alabama's heals in recruiting. An injury here, a guy doesn't quite pan out there, and that is why Alabama doesn't start or finish the year #1 every season. But we come closer than anyone else.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.