Saban Talks to the Media at Coaches Meeting in Destin

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Saban: "We caught five tarpon last night at the pass, in like an hour. I caught one that was 180 pounds…six feet long."
Saban says the tarpon got him a little bit, and threw him up against the boat.
Saban on the fish: "I hung in there. It's called mental toughness."
Saban is going in on cost of attendance inequalities. Says it could promote fraud. "Even the NFL has a salary cap."
Nick Saban says that cost of attendance calculations can "almost create fraud" and "may affect the competitive balance."
Saban says he hasn't had a lot of prospects ask about full cost of attendance figures.
Saban is all for transparency with numbers and there should be some kind of a cap “to create fairness”
Nick Saban asked about satellite camps: "We have a lot of crazy rules"
Saban: "We have a lot of crazy rules." Says it makes no sense HCs can't recruit in spring but can do satellite camps.
Saban: "I think the only way you should be able to have a camp is if it is on your campus."
Saban: "Let me say this about rules. We need to have the same rules in all five leagues."
Saban on satellite camps: "We (in the Power 5) need to get our rules in alignment...otherwise, we're going to be a farm system."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.