Auburn Lands Michigan DB Transfer

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Good for them. He can get torched a second time by Bama. Welcome to the big league Countess.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Unfortunately, a smart decision on BCs' part. They are very thin in the secondary and T Robinson is a good DB coach.

The Awbs will probably be much better at stopping people this season.

Yes, I know , they couldn't be much worse. :)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I look for Muschump to be gone soon. Just don't think he'll like losing a decent number of scholly's that will of course go to the most important side of the ball down there, offense.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I believe they had 5 DB's leave the team this spring. All had eligibility remaining. So plenty of opportunity for immediate playing time.

Speaking of au, anyone surprised no one (another school) went after Gus? I mean if the mere addition of Muschamp means instant SEC west front runner wouldn't that infer 8-5 had nothing to do with Gus and that it was simply poor defensive coaching?

I don't think so. If he was actually considered a consistent championship coach why didn't say, the Gators at least consider him?

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I believe they had 5 DB's leave the team this spring. All had eligibility remaining. So plenty of opportunity for immediate playing time.

Speaking of au, anyone surprised no one (another school) went after Gus? I mean if the mere addition of Muschamp means instant SEC west front runner wouldn't that infer 8-5 had nothing to do with Gus and that it was simply poor defensive coaching?

I don't think so. If he was actually considered a consistent championship coach why didn't say, the Gators at least consider him?
Not sure if I can answer that question, JPT but here's one small perspective.

Jeremy Foley was on Finebaum yesterday and the subject came up about coaching hires and (pertaining to football) Jeremy said they wanted to (paraphrasing) diagnose what went wrong with the Muschamp hire - before making the next decision. He said they made too quick of a decision so this time took a little more time.

Your question may have been tongue in cheek I understand but regardless as far as Florida is concerned - as a whole, we're VERY pleased with the decision not to hire Gus. :)

======

Now - separate subject.........

Since Florida does not play the Barn this coming season, we're counting on Bama to issue a massive & severe beat down, the likes of which have never before been known or seen.

Yup.....we will be rooting for Bama a little more than usual in that game. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.