New Alabama secondary coach Mel Tucker knows the expectations in Tuscaloosa

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Do you mean that they elevate their level of play or that, IYO, Bama's incomptence makes them look like a Heisman candidate ?
We have not had many defenses that I would call incompetent in my 40+ years of living, so I suppose I would choose your choice A. Although, there have been a few games where I wondered aloud what in the h-e-double hockey sticks was going on.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We have not had many defenses that I would call incompetent in my 40+ years of living, so I suppose I would choose your choice A. Although, there have been a few games where I wondered aloud what in the h-e-double hockey sticks was going on.
I think that what the hell is going on is that we always get the other teams absolute best shot of their season...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I think that what the hell is going on is that we always get the other teams absolute best shot of their season...
Exactly. Facing Alabama, especially Bama/Bryant or Bama/Saban, tremendously heightens the concentration and all of one's senses, as well as elevating adrenalin. It seems like it was RB's in Bryant's day: Cunningham and Davis of USC, Galbreath of Mo, Alexander LSU, etc.; now it's QBs: Garcia, Manziel, Marshall 2014, C. Jones. Corresponds to the changes in the nature of the game.

Bama doesn't always play great, but the primary problem is the elevated play of the opposition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.