When will the market tank again?

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
So when do you think the market is going to dip back down? Some are saying the beginning of the next great recession is soon in 2015. I do believe a market correction will occur but who knows when.

What say you?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Inevitably, yes. The market will tank. Maybe not this year, but eventually.
What is also inevitable is that those who advocate government intervention will use the crash they caused to advocate more government intervention. It's quite a racket.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It'll happen. The only thing more common than a 15-25% correction is a subsequent rebound.

So long as you view an all time high and the inevitable downturn as equally temporary, you'll be fine.

As to exactly when: if I knew that (which I most definitely do not), Warren Buffet and Bill Gates would already be calling me "Mr. Basket Case," or just "Sir," for short.

Seriously, if your time horizon is less than a typical business cycle (6-8 years is normal), you don't need to have more than 30% of your portfolio in stocks...unless you have an unusual level of highly reliable independent income.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If you are a long term investor I wouldn't worry about it. If you are a more active investor, such as myself, I would be researching and preparing to short sell in order to play the market decline which is inevitably approaching..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.