Satellite Camps coming to a city near you

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
The SEC has changed course and decided to allow them. So if you live outside of the Alabama , they could have a Camp near you. Likely Places to receive them are : California, Florida, Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, New Jersey ,and Louisiana. Yes I realize that most are in the South , but it makes it easier to get there in their own states. Plus, some of these are huge recruiting grounds for us.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So, for example, we could hold camps in Texas and in the D. C. area while Michigan and FSU could hold camps in Alabama?
Correct.

Jokingly said yesterday, I expect an Avery Johnson-Nick Saban duo camp at a Dallas-area high school next year.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Correct.

Jokingly said yesterday, I expect an Avery Johnson-Nick Saban duo camp at a Dallas-area high school next year.
Oh boy !! I think we just saw a major new line item being added to the expense budgets of high profile university football programs !!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The SEC has changed course and decided to allow them. So if you live outside of the Alabama , they could have a Camp near you. Likely Places to receive them are : California, Florida, Virginia, Georgia, Ohio, Texas, New Jersey ,and Louisiana. Yes I realize that most are in the South , but it makes it easier to get there in their own states. Plus, some of these are huge recruiting grounds for us.
The idea is to get other's to change their rule. I'd suspect camps will in Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 territory. Once this happens they'll likely agree to end these camps.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The idea is to get other's to change their rule. I'd suspect camps will in Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 territory. Once this happens they'll likely agree to end these camps.
My thought as well. When they see us in their backyard and pulling more and more players from their area they will stop it. Brilliant plan.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
The problem is that there are more players in the South. The satellite camp arrangement will especially hurt 2nd tier programs who have to fight off well heeled Northern schools for Bama/UGA/etc. rejects.

The allowance of this and introduction of the "Saban" rule highlights the hypocrisy of the other schools, as well as their fear of Saban. They are pathetic.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
The problem is that there are more players in the South. The satellite camp arrangement will especially hurt 2nd tier programs who have to fight off well heeled Northern schools for Bama/UGA/etc. rejects.

The allowance of this and introduction of the "Saban" rule highlights the hypocrisy of the other schools, as well as their fear of Saban. They are pathetic.
You do realize all this will Change when the SEC teams set up camps in CA, TX, OH,PA,D.C, etc. The problem a lot of these recruits face is not having exposer to teams outside of their region. Let's say this stands for 4 years. We go to California for 4 years seeing the good kids in the area. These kids are building better relationships with our coaches and are more likely to leave the area. This will hurt other conferences more than it will hurt the south east teams.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
You do realize all this will Change when the SEC teams set up camps in CA, TX, OH,PA,D.C, etc. The problem a lot of these recruits face is not having exposer to teams outside of their region. Let's say this stands for 4 years. We go to California for 4 years seeing the good kids in the area. These kids are building better relationships with our coaches and are more likely to leave the area. This will hurt other conferences more than it will hurt the south east teams.
Certainly the South will benefit by allowing their programs to participate. IMO, Bama will probably have a net benefit but lower tier SEC schools and other southern schools may lose 'Bama/UGA/etc. rejects' to northern schools. I realize there will be a reciprocal gain with the establishment of their own camps on foreign territory, if they can afford it. Even so, IMO, this will likely be a net loss for the South because the South has the most fertile recruiting grounds, thus the most to lose. Hopefully, this (the new SEC rule) will result in closing the loophole that allows these camps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.