LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson Updates

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: '16 AL OLB Lyndell Wilson

Not that I disagree with you but I would think the majority of our recruits in the past five to seven years committed to playing for Nick Saban rather than the University of Alabama.
No doubt, Nick Saban is the attraction that draws their initial attention, but most commits will tell you that Alabama has everything they are looking for to succeed to the next level whether it may be the NFL or a professional career. Nick Saban does an excellent job of selling that point across when they come to visit. Its not about him, but the school itself. you don't hear too many say they committed to Nick Saban.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

I think we are in pretty good shape with Mack:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/12/lyndell_wilson_5-star_super_sh.html#incart_river_index
2. ALABAMA

"Alabama, I built a relationship with a lot of their coaches since ninth grade. It's my dream school, I dreamed about playing college football there since I was younger. They still have great coaches — Coach (Bo) Davis, Coach (Tosh) Lupoi, Coach (Mel) Tucker. I feel like they're still going to have one of the best programs in college football and they have one of the best coaches in the game. They're going to recruit the best and that's a great school to go to. They are going to make sure you get out of there on time and get your degree and everything you need to go to the next level."

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

I will post something I've heard ,but it is a RUMOR so take it for what its worth. That we have Two Lb committed Silents since the summer.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

With the success of our LB`s over the years, plus Foster`s development and Reggie`s recognition as one of, if not the, best LBers in college ball, I can`t imagine us having any trouble whatsoever getting top flight LBers, both inside and out.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I just don't see Ben going anywhere other than Alabama. Wish he would go ahead and announce it, too.
I would too. Seems he is enjoying the attention and nothing wrong with that but it seems we would be his only choice.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Ben named Georgia his leader yesterday
A few defensive players did. Smart to GA is going to change the landscape of this year's recruiting class unless Saban gets directly involved.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Could not agree more. I`m sure all this is not lost on him either.
Definitely not lost on him. There will be no issues with who Kirby recruits in the 2017 class and beyond with CNS but it could get a little tense in the final month and half of the 2016 class between the two. As good as Kirby is I will still put my money on CNS closing out most of these guys.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

An update...

On Christmas Day, Mack released a top three of Alabama, Florida and Georgia.

Yesterday, he told 247's Tom Loy upon arrival at Under Armour All American that he wants to leave the state of Alabama.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

An update...

On Christmas Day, Mack released a top three of Alabama, Florida and Georgia.

Yesterday, he told 247's Tom Loy upon arrival at Under Armour All American that he wants to leave the state of Alabama.
Not looking good for us then.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

This young man has consistently said that we`re not his first choice. It`ll be interesting to see what the back up plan is at LB because, at least publically, I`m unaware of any statement or indication that he`s going to Bama.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: '16 AL OLB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson

Relax guys, jam is spot on. Look at all the nonsense that goes on. None of these guys like to be forgotten, it's foreign to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: '16 AL OLB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson

I'm with Jam, this smells of a swerve. I think we get Mack.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.