LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: '16 AL OLB Lyndell Wilson

I give the Barn a little credit in that they know their ROI is zero here. Not sure they should have totally stopped since this kid is special. Feel real good about our chances.
Don't blame them for backing off if they realized the end result. I thought the "he's not a good fit" talk was just a very lame excuse to explain their backing off.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Don't blame them for backing off if they realized the end result. I thought the "he's not a good fit" talk was just a very lame excuse to explain their backing off.
Agreed on the "he's not a good fit". That's petty and as you say lame.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Mack released his top 8 last night. Alabama is fourth. Link

Carver-Montgomery linebacker Lyndell Wilson shocked some people when he released his top eight schools - in order - on Wednesday night via his Twitter feed.

An in-state school isn't leading. In fact, Florida leads for the five-star linebacker, rated as a top 10 national recruit and No. 3 on the AL.com A-List.

In order after Florida, it goes LSU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, Oregon and USC.

"He likes Florida," said Todd Dowell, Wilson's mentor. "He likes the scheme and he kind of likes (head) coach (Jim) McElwain.

"It was a shock to me, too. Coach (Randy) Shannon, the linebackers coach, has been talking to him a lot. They've been going at him kind of hard."

Alabama stands No. 4 right now, but it's far from over. Wilson still maintains that he'll commit on National Signing Day in Feb. 2016.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

5-star linebacker Lyndell Wilson goes in-depth on why Florida leads, where Alabama stands

Don't count Alabama out, said Wilson's coach Billy Gresham. The Crimson Tide coaches check on Wilson regularly and he's built a strong bond with defensive coordinator Kirby Smart.

"He's one of those coaches I feel like I can talk to about anything," Wilson said. "Coach Smart is a great coach and one of the best defensive coordinators in the game. There's nothing against 'Bama. 'Bama was one of the schools I grew up rooting for. I just put them as my No. 4 because I have relationships with Ole Miss and LSU also."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Might not mean much, but Mack's teammate Antonio Nelson committed to Florida yesterday. Jeawon Taylor plays at Park Crossings (other side of Montgomery) and committed to Florida in August.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

At one point, he sounded completely sold on playing at Alabama. Makes me think we've recruited over him.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Splain please.....
No information to go by. At one point, Mack was outspokenly smitten with UA. Something changed. And that makes me wonder if it's a case of us telling him we have some other LBs we like a bit better and we won't take his commitment until we see what they do.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

No information to go by. At one point, Mack was outspokenly smitten with UA. Something changed. And that makes me wonder if it's a case of us telling him we have some other LBs we like a bit better and we won't take his commitment until we see what they do.
Absolutely not. Mack is 1) the #1 or #2 player in the state and 2) is a top 10-20 player in the nation on every recruiting site. His tape is some of the best I have ever seen and he is the equivalent of Rashaan Evans. We want him badly. He is being romanced hard by the new hot girl and the new girl may win but I am hoping he sees his long-time true love is the one he should be with.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

TJ, we both know that Nick Saban's evaluations have very little to do with what anybody else thinks. Because of that, neither you nor I can speak with absolute certainty on Mack or any other prospect. If our coaches want Mack, I hope we get him. But we've been surprised by their big board before.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

TJ, we both know that Nick Saban's evaluations have very little to do with what anybody else thinks. Because of that, neither you nor I can speak with absolute certainty on Mack or any other prospect. If our coaches want Mack, I hope we get him. But we've been surprised by their big board before.
You're right about absolute certainty and big board surprises but I feel very strongly he is a take no matter what.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.