LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson Updates

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: '16 AL OLB Lyndell Wilson

I heard he was getting a little -shall we say-impressed with himself and is enjoying yanking everyone's chain. I think we have a shot at him, but Auburn hired someone close to him to try to get him to sign with them. We'll shall see, Saban has pulled it off before.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Might not mean much, but Mack's teammate Antonio Nelson committed to Florida yesterday. Jeawon Taylor plays at Park Crossings (other side of Montgomery) and committed to Florida in August.
Coach Mac is loading up on Alabama kids. he is using his Bama connections wisely I see...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

It`ll be interesting to see if their getting drilled by FSU and hopefully us next week has any impact. Probably not, but maybe.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

IMO, Wilson is an Alabama kid who is very familiar with the Crimson Tide and all the coaches ever since he attended the camps. He's visited Alabama more times than he can remember. He knows all the great LBs Saban and co. have put in the league in the last 6 years. I believe he's all Bama in the end.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

IMO, Wilson is an Alabama kid who is very familiar with the Crimson Tide and all the coaches ever since he attended the camps. He's visited Alabama more times than he can remember. He knows all the great LBs Saban and co. have put in the league in the last 6 years. I believe he's all Bama in the end.
He may go to UF, but I'd be surprised if he ends anywhere other than Bama in the end. No insight, just a feeling. Bama is going to be need LB's/DE's big time after we lose what I think will be a large number of defensive players to the draft.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I agree SJC. He does genuinely like FLA but in the end I think he picks us.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

He may go to UF, but I'd be surprised if he ends anywhere other than Bama in the end. No insight, just a feeling. Bama is going to be need LB's/DE's big time after we lose what I think will be a large number of defensive players to the draft.
You nailed it. We will lose a ton of talent this year on the defensive side of the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Interesting observation, Jam. As someone with a respected view on recruiting, do you see significance in that as far as he`s concerned?
Tebow is my example. We got some of his friends and he still went to UF. I think he really like UF ,but His whole family is BAMA and so is He.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

his delay certainly has to do with Kirby. I still thinks the ends up at Bama. he probably needs a breather and step back to assess the situation. by all accounts, if Kirby was definitely staying , Wilson commits to Bama. Hopefully he realizes you should commit to the school not to any particular coach who may or may not be there in 2-4 years.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

Hopefully he realizes you should commit to the school not to any particular coach who may or may not be there in 2-4 years.
Not that I disagree with you but I would think the majority of our recruits in the past five to seven years committed to playing for Nick Saban rather than the University of Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.