Link: Ole Miss' Peach Bowl PARTICIPATION rings

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Serious question. How many of you are embarrassed, as I am, to wear or display anything pertaining to Bama's claim of 15 NC's because of the inclusion of the 1941 title? And please don't bore me with comments about Deke Houlgate and/or the Houlgate System. I already know more that I ever wanted to know about him and his system.
I, too, take issue with the '41 title claim but I also have a "Road To 16" button at my desk(2 of them actually) so I can't really claim embarrassment. I just gloss over it I guess in my mind.IMG_20150530_084729.jpg

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Serious question. How many of you are embarrassed, as I am, to wear or display anything pertaining to Bama's claim of 15 NC's because of the inclusion of the 1941 title? And please don't bore me with comments about Deke Houlgate and/or the Houlgate System. I already know more that I ever wanted to know about him and his system.
Well if we done with the rebels... The 41 championship is the one that really is a head scratcher but bama could claim 45 even though it was awarded to army for ww2 and 66. So I say 15 either way

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I asked about the Ole Miss thing because I remember a thread on here last fall about how the school was wanting to eliminate the term Ole Miss. I didn't know if it was anything official or not.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
they won the west?
If my memory us right. Ole Miss might have won, but Eli Manning tripped and lost the ball deep in their own territories late in the game. I was at the Bama game a few weeks earlier when Eli lit us up. It was a long ride back from Oxford, but revenge was great two years later when Jamie Christiansen kicked the game winning FG as time expired. That was my last time in Oxford and revenge was sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The way they were completely manhandled, the rings should read lack of participation. Rim shot! Seriously, though, I was embarrassed for them during that game. It was one of many where the mighty SEC took it on the chin, and the fans were left making excuses.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It is odd the NCAA lists those when they do not sponsor a football championship for FBS and many of those are controversial.

The list is flawed anyway as they omitted the barn's People's Championship in 2010.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.