"Bama Fans wouldn't rush the field even if we beat the Dallas Cowboys"

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think it is true now, largely because storming the field has gotten so frequent it's lost all meaning.

I do, however remember somebody posting pictures of Alabama fans hanging off a goalpost, I think after one of the Sugar Bowl NCs of the 1970s.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is it even really possible to storm the field at BDS now? Typically, the student section is the group that leads the storming. Not really easy for those in block seating to storm the field unless they want to jump down. Then, the rest of the student section has to jump the iron fence and bushes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is it even really possible to storm the field at BDS now? Typically, the student section is the group that leads the storming. Not really easy for those in block seating to storm the field unless they want to jump down. Then, the rest of the student section has to jump the iron fence and bushes.
its way too hard, and plus who would join them? I think our fans are a little too calm at games to jump over the rail. LSU and Auburn do it because when they are in a game they are obnoxiously loud and when they are losing they are heading to the gates.

While on the subject... I think Auburn has one of the only stadiums that isnt neutral or isnt a block away from another school in which 2 diffrent teams fanbases have stormed the field. But Auburn got mad that they didnt do it so they got firehoses out but even that could stop the Jawja fans from storming the field.

As for us beating doing it after beating the Cowboys first we would have to do it to really know.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Cowboys??? This is 2015 not 1995. Beating them would be nothing special lol
For a college team to beat a NFL team it is. I would still say the Jaguars wouldve beaten our 2011 team by double digits. even the crappy NFL teams have far and away more talent and experience than the elite college teams of a certain year. Johnny and Reggie found out real quick that defensive linemen in the pros can catch up to them. It isnt the days of old in which being a college star ranked higher than playing in the pros. there are far and away more NFL players than there were back in the 50s and 60s in where there were college allstars vs nfl stars in which the talent was relatively the same. With that said I still lean towards we dont rush the field.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I was at a game at Legion Field where our fans stormed the field. They were climbing the fence, and police were pulling some off the fence. It was a scene, man. I think it was the Auburn game in 1990, but I don't remember for sure.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea I'm with others in that why would we storm the field? We've done it all.......lol

Also when 3/4 of our fans in the stands are over 65, I doubt many are planning on climbing many fences:biggrin:

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Why would we play a Division II team like the Dallas Cowboys? There's nothing in it for our players or fans.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.