Beau Biden, vice president’s son, dies of brain cancer at 46

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Prayers for the Biden family. In spite of political leaning; Vice President Biden's life in face of the loss of his wife, daughter and now son is one of sorrow and courage. He was/is a good father.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Politics aside, thoughts and prayers to the Biden family during t
his time of grief. No one should have to bury a child. If I am not mistaken, Mr. Biden also lost his first wife and daughter in a car accident years ago.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Politics aside, thoughts and prayers to the Biden family during t
his time of grief. No one should have to bury a child. If I am not mistaken, Mr. Biden also lost his first wife and daughter in a car accident years ago.
Yes, I believe it was right after he had been elected to the Senate for the first time. He almost didn't even take the seat since he still had a child to raise. But he did and commuted from home on he train the whole time he was in the Senate.

A sad story for the Biden family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Condolences to the family - very sad. His Dad said it best......

A message from

Vice President Joe Biden

It is with broken hearts that Hallie, Hunter, Ashley, Jill and I announce the passing of our husband, brother and son, Beau, after he battled brain cancer with the same integrity, courage and strength he demonstrated every day of his life.
The entire Biden family is saddened beyond words. We know that Beau’s spirit will live on in all of us—especially through his brave wife, Hallie, and two remarkable children, Natalie and Hunter.
Beau’s life was defined by service to others. As a young lawyer, he worked to establish the rule of law in war-torn Kosovo. A major in the Delaware National Guard, he was an Iraq War veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star. As Delaware’s Attorney General, he fought for the powerless and made it his mission to protect children from abuse.
More than his professional accomplishments, Beau measured himself as a husband, father, son and brother. His absolute honor made him a role model for our family. Beau embodied my father’s saying that a parent knows success when his child turns out better than he did.
In the words of the Biden family: Beau Biden was, quite simply, the finest man any of us have ever known.

Beau Biden graduated from the University of Delaware and, like his father, attended law school at Syracuse University.

He worked in the U.S. Justice Department for nearly a decade before winning election as state attorney general. He served as a major in the Delaware Army National Guard, and spent a year of his first term deployed to Iraq, where he was awarded the Bronze Star.

As attorney general, his focus was on prosecuting child sexual abuse and protecting homeowners from foreclosure.

Biden is survived by his wife, Hallie, and their two children, Natalie and Hunter; his parents, the vice president and Dr. Jill Biden; his brother Hunter Biden, sister-in-law Kathleen, and nieces Naomi, Finnegan, and Maisy; and his sister Ashley Biden and brother-in-law Howard Krein.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Such a shame. They are making real breakthroughs in treating that illness at Duke. Having had a brother and 1st cousin die of it, it's of great interest to me...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
VP Biden has endured more personal tragedy than one can even imagine. For that, he does have my personal respect, my prayers and sympathy. I can't imagine the pain he has endured from the loss of his wife and daughter as well as the recovery of his two sons that were also involved in the accident. Now, the loss of his son, Beau...that's more burden than any man should have to bear to be perfectly honest.

Again, my prayers go out to him as well Beau's wife and children. I don't even want to think about his kids having to grow up with out their dad. I pray VP Biden is strong for his daughter-in-law and his grandchildren and can be there for his grandchildren as they grow up.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Joe Biden, for all the fun we have at his expense, has been one of the better figures in DC the past four decades. When the Clarence Thomas hearings were held, he got the highest public approval ratings for his handling of it in such an even-handed manner. For the record, Biden was torn about whether or not to support Thomas and if you heard his speech, it sounded like an endorsement before he ultimately voted against Thomas's nomination.

He lost his wife and a child just prior to his taking a Senate seat (after the election but before taking office). Beau was in that accident btw. In 1988, after he had withdrawn from the Presidential race (due to alleged plagiarism), he suffered multiple aneurysms and nearly died - in fact, he was a few years younger than Beau at the time. He was overseeing the Robert Bork hearings and part of his problem with trying to respond to the plagiarism scandal (which broke in September 1987) was he was having constant headaches and upping his dosage of Tylenol.

He was also generally polite to Sarah Palin in those 2008 debates, knowing full well that ripping into her as an unqualified party girl would backfire. He's generally been a popular figure in DC and inspirational on a number of fronts.

I've never buried a child and now Biden has had to bury two. I cannot imagine what that's like - and I don't really want to know, either. RIP Beau and condolences to VP Biden and his family.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.