Link: '15 SEC on CBS ~ Early schedule released

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The SEC on CBS package of games for the 2015 season is expanding with the network announcing Thursday that it will air contests during the first two weeks of the season, leading with the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game on Saturday, Sept. 5 between LouisvilleandAuburn at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

CBS will fill its 3:30 p.m. time slot the next week with Georgia at Vanderbilt. The "SEC Game of the Week" in Week 3 will feature Auburn at LSU on Saturday, Sept. 19.

In total, CBS will air 17 games featuring SEC teams, including the annual Florida vs. Georgia showdown on Saturday, Oct. 31, consecutive doubleheaders on Nov. 7 and Nov. 14, and the SEC Championship Game, which is set for Saturday, Dec. 5 at 4 p.m. All games will be streamed online as well on CBSSports.com.

Here's a look at the highlights from the 2015 SEC on CBS schedule as it currently stands (all times ET). The remainder of the slots will be filled six to 12 days prior to their respective kickoffs throughout the regular season.

Saturday, Sept. 5: Louisville vs. Auburn (3:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Sept. 12: Georgia at Vanderbilt (3:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Sept. 19: Auburn at LSU (3:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Oct. 31: Florida vs. Georgia (3:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Nov. 7: SEC Game of the Week doubleheader (3:30 p.m., 8 p.m.)

Saturday, Nov. 14: SEC Game of the Week doubleheader (noon, 3:30 p.m.)

Friday, Nov. 27: Missouri vs. Arkansas (2:30 p.m.)

Saturday, Dec. 5: SEC Championship Game (4 p.m.)

Veteran announce team Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson will return to call the action each week and be joined by reporter Allie LaForce on the sideline.

CBS also announced Thursday that new CBS Sports college football studio analyst Rick Neuheisel will join host Adam Zucker and analyst Brian Jones on the College Football Today pre-, halftime and post-game show.

Continue reading...

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
CBS has but the one prime time slot. The one on Nov 7th. And they may as well have announced that game also. We all know what it will be.
There's several good games on the 7th.

LSU vs Alabama
Minnesota vs OSU
Michigan State vs Nebraska
TCU vs Oklahoma State
FSU vs Clemson

I'm with you though. Bama LSU has become one heckuva rivalry.
November is a great month of football.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I was afraid the orange tigers and purple tigers would get the spot on Sept 19...Ole Siss is my first for sure in person game this year and was hoping for the early time slot. espn will pick us up probably at 5:00 or 6:30.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
There's several good games on the 7th.

LSU vs Alabama
Minnesota vs OSU
Michigan State vs Nebraska
TCU vs Oklahoma State
FSU vs Clemson

I'm with you though. Bama LSU has become one heckuva rivalry.
November is a great month of football.
And only one of those is an SEC game which would be on "The SEC on CBS"

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I was afraid the orange tigers and purple tigers would get the spot on Sept 19...Ole Siss is my first for sure in person game this year and was hoping for the early time slot. espn will pick us up probably at 5:00 or 6:30.
More than likely the 8:00 slot because the other two SEC games that day are in the ET zone.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
The fewer Alabama games Verne and Gary cover, the happier I'll be. Give me Nessler and Blackledge any day.
I wonder who today's generation will look back on as the best announcers . We had Keith Jackson and Vin Scully for baseball. But IMHO there isnt one voice out there that holds a candle to either one of them.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I wonder who today's generation will look back on as the best announcers . We had Keith Jackson and Vin Scully for baseball. But IMHO there isnt one voice out there that holds a candle to either one of them.
Agreed. I'm not very familiar with Vin Scully because I don't really care for baseball, but I do miss Keith Jackson. I enjoyed his folksy, good ol' boy voice much better than anyone today.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Agreed. I'm not very familiar with Vin Scully because I don't really care for baseball, but I do miss Keith Jackson. I enjoyed his folksy, good ol' boy voice much better than anyone today.
I always enjoyed hearing Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried do games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.