Possible RB Transfer from Maryland

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Agreed. The guy is 6' 3" 240 lbs, can run like the wind, is making all conference teams, on the cover of national magazines, is in most of the experts 1st round mock drafts for next year but some still bash him. I guess he should have been moved to LB (blue font). I can't wait to see what he does with the 1st team reps.
Because saying you think that he needs to improve in order to be a top draft pick equals bashing a player...okay then.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I wonder if we are looking at any JC players? I'd like to see another experience back added for some needed depth at the position.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
That seems to be Trent Richardson's problem in the NFL.
And that was my point but I didn't want to call out a former player who was touted as the greatest RB prospect in a decade but who is struggling mightily in the pros.

You can't get by in the nfl by simply trucking opposing players every down.

DH has many great attributes but his vision and shiftiness are not great at this point and that will hurt him if they don't improve.

Moreover, TR's near flop status will also likely make nfl scouts leery of taking another huge power back from the same school so close in time whether that's fair or not.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
And that was my point but I didn't want to call out a former player who was touted as the greatest RB prospect in a decade but who is struggling mightily in the pros.

You can't get by in the nfl by simply trucking opposing players every down.

DH has many great attributes but his vision and shiftiness are not great at this point and that will hurt him if they don't improve.

Moreover, TR's near flop status will also likely make nfl scouts leery of taking another huge power back from the same school so close in time whether that's fair or not.
Lacy

#lawyered

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Since he has two years to play, he really does add the needed depth. After this season, Drake is gone. Henry is surely gone to the NFL. After those two, there's no experienced guy left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Henry doesn't get better at hitting holes or unless he develops more shiftiness behind the line, I don't think he will be too highly sought after in the nfl.

He's not going to bowl over pro players like he does in college.
How in the world this thread went from a RB transfer to Henry/Lacy/Richardson thread?
That's how. People were talking about our future depth going forward, and then someone gave an analysis of what they thought of Henry.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.