Possible RB Transfer from Maryland

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sorry for posting the screenshots from 247. I'm on my phone, so I can't quote the main part of the link.

Link to story -

http://tinyurl.com/nckzm9m
Decision coming soon for potential transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's an interesting scenario. If this is true, it indicates two things. The first is that there probably was some truth to the possibility of a QB transfer, because Alabama seems to have the space and is willing to accept a transfer, the second is that RB depth is an area of concern.

It's not the type of guy you'd usually see associated with Alabama though. He wasn't a highly ranked recruit, but his numbers have been serviceable. 4.2 average in 2013, and up until he got injured he was averaging 3.8 in 2014. I guess the idea is a known commodity that would provide immediate depth.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's an interesting scenario. If this is true, it indicates two things. The first is that there probably was some truth to the possibility of a QB transfer, because Alabama seems to have the space and is willing to accept a transfer, the second is that RB depth is an area of concern.

It's not the type of guy you'd usually see associated with Alabama though. He wasn't a highly ranked recruit, but his numbers have been serviceable. 4.2 average in 2013, and up until he got injured he was averaging 3.8 in 2014. I guess the idea is a known commodity that would provide immediate depth.
Since he has two years to play, he really does add the needed depth. After this season, Drake is gone. Henry is surely gone to the NFL. After those two, there's no experienced guy left.

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL

You would think that is a QB was leaving he would have done it already. We might just have an open spot for him without someone leaving.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You would think that is a QB was leaving he would have done it already. We might just have an open spot for him without someone leaving.
I meant the other way around, Miller or Golson for example. There were rumors around both of those for a bit, both of those seem to have their final locations determined and then this rumor pops up. Doesn't mean there ever was any truth to any of those though.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Since he has two years to play, he really does add the needed depth. After this season, Drake is gone. Henry is surely gone to the NFL. After those two, there's no experienced guy left.

If Henry doesn't get better at hitting holes or unless he develops more shiftiness behind the line, I don't think he will be too highly sought after in the nfl.

He's not going to bowl over pro players like he does in college.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
If Henry doesn't get better at hitting holes or unless he develops more shiftiness behind the line, I don't think he will be too highly sought after in the nfl.

He's not going to bowl over pro players like he does in college.
He's the best 2nd-level back in the conference, maybe the country. He's gone after this year, barring a huge injury.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
With the several dismissals we've had recently, did that not open up a couple of spots?
Saban typically cuts it as close as he can, for good reason, since the scholarship limit is an arbitrary limit. What that means though is that a departing player might not automatically mean an additional spot, it might have been one for a player who was enrolling in the summer or fall (my understanding is that Alabama can't have more than 85 on scholarship at a given time, that has no actual bearing on how many were signed and so on).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He's the best 2nd-level back in the conference, maybe the country. He's gone after this year, barring a huge injury.
Agreed. The guy is 6' 3" 240 lbs, can run like the wind, is making all conference teams, on the cover of national magazines, is in most of the experts 1st round mock drafts for next year but some still bash him. I guess he should have been moved to LB (blue font). I can't wait to see what he does with the 1st team reps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.