Mark May Out On ESPN College Gameday Final

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Count me among those who will never watch this show as long as those 2 buffoons are on it.

Say what you will about Holtz's homerism, but there was some intelligence on that show with Rece, Holtz, and May. There will be none now.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I used to record CGF every Saturday night so I could see highlights of all the games, I loved Reece and even though I wasn't a fan of Granny Clampett or May I put up with them because they always were entertaining when they would bicker.

Now there is NO WAY I would even think of DVR'ing it with those two idiots. Galloway is such an idiotic homer, and we all know about the other idiot. This is going to kill the show for sure and I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it through the season.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Add me to the list of folks who have tremendous respect for Mark May and none for either Galloway or Kannell.

I hope he lands somewhere good. He certainly deserves to.

Oh well, my late Saturday nights just got freed up.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I literally refuse to watch K****l, so I won't be watching CGF anymore.
Add me to the list that will NOT watch or listen to D. K. He's got to be the very worst in the business and an FSU homer in addition.

I have always liked Mark May. I don't agree with everything he says but he's SO much better than those two …..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Well...that sure makes my Saturday nights easier. I don't know who is calling the shots at ESPN or what they are thinking...but this is ludicrous beyond belief. Maybe Lou and MM can go to Fox Sports!!!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
If there are any smart producers out there...somewhere...Mark May will be hired by somebody. He is just too good to not be sharing his insights on football somewhere. Hellllloooo...SECN? Are you there? I believe Mark would be a great addition to their lineup. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Roll Tide!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I did get tired of Lou but he served his purpose as a comic foil to Mark May. I really like Mark and think his commentary is fair and unbiased. It was also good to get a "Big Ugly's" viewpoint occasionally!
I won't watch the new show. This is a bonehead move by ESPN!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
ESPN has the SECN to cater to 25% of the country. They are going to cater to the other 75%. Who hate the other 25% about as much as can be hated.

It is not coincidental that Kanell took on his his Anti-SEC personality at the advent of the SECN. ESPN knew what they were doing.
I think they'll change in a hurry, but we shall see.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think it just shows how thin the talent pool is at ESPN. They are retooling gameday and in doing so they are having to throw CGF out with the bathwater. Think of all the personalities that have come and gone through ESPN the last several years and you begin to wonder if they have a culture problem there. Especially when you have to rely on the untested hacks for probably your number 2 show.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Add me to the list of folks not watching this anymore. They went from a fairly rational commentator (May) and well known older guy who cracked a few jokes (while showing his homerisms) to two idiots who only hate on the SEC without any logic behind it and show unambiguous favoritism toward their alma maters.

Unless May is getting promoted, this is just a colossal mistake. He was always reasonable. Although, giving these two gasbags may be a great PSA. this move will only encourage more people to read rather than watch tv...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.