Mark May Out On ESPN College Gameday Final

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Catering to the non-SEC crowd as has been stated. I guess it is too much to ask to get people on the show who don't ooze bias.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I found it hard to stay up late enough to watch it before, and I loved the show with Davis, May and Holtz. When I couldn't make it, I recorded it for Sunday coffee viewing. I guess my struggles to stay up late are over. And there is no way that I would ever record those clowns.

Love Galloway as a person, but he is a horrible analyst, and Kannell is a hateful, spiteful man who has no place on television.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Mark May always struck me as an intelligent voice of reason - although that's not a diffcult accomplishment sitting next to Sylvester the Cat. His insights were at least non-partisan, and I got the idea that when he picked FOR or AGAINST us that he gave sound reasoning as to why.

Holtz was there to make the inebriated laugh at 11 pm after an emotional game. I rarely watched the two, but I for sure will not be watching at all.

If you want proof that we still control college football - even if Ohio St has the trophy - look at them getting two SEC and esp Bama bashers to come on after our late night win and explain how "overrated" we are and to work in references to "the last time" we played Ohio St or FSU. Kanell just plain stinks and Galloway is a joke.

May will be missed and to a lesser extent Reece Davis. Holtz? (Shakes hand back and forth and says, "Neh...")

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I liked the old lineup, especially Davis. Holtz added something (homer, yes, but nonetheless...). May was good. I'm not familiar with Galloway, but Kanell.... a complete joke. The show has hit rock bottom.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
That's two major homers. You can only really have one and still be okay. Hopefully, they'll get a third like Greg McElroy or something. Even David Pollack would be okay.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
It was painful to watch sometimes before with Lou, but it was comical. Now I will never watch that show again....ever. Those 2 are two of the biggest idiot commentators ESPN has on their lineup, and they have a lot of idiots on that staff.

buzzman

3rd Team
Jan 18, 2014
Madison, AL
Both Kanell and Galloway are smug, arrogant jerks. I really like Mark May. I thought he did a great job. Only good thing to come of this is that I get that hour each week of my life back since I won't watch the show anymore.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Not a fan of Kanell. What's funny is that he claims to be objective, yet pretty much all he does is troll the SEC and defend FSU at all costs. Whenever a ranked SEC team barely beats a non-ranked team, he absolutely destroys them, but when FSU does the same, he's ignores it. If you're going to destroy an SEC team for that, fine. I'm okay with that. But at least be consistent and give FSU and other non-SEC teams hell when they do the same. I remember 2 years ago when he crucified Manziel for his off-field issues, yet he made excuse after excuse for Winston.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My problem with the two chosen is not even they're obsession with us so much as it is neither seems capable of ATTEMPTING to have an unbiased thought; they're sort of like the heel color commentator in a pro wrestling match, who always manages to pull for the bad guy and get something in his eye right about the time the bad guy grabs brass knuckles.

Kanell is a sick joke. I think it was David Pollack who picked us to beat UGA in 2012 despite him being a former UGA quarterback. He got no end of grief for that. I know a lot of folks here got mad at Herbstreit when he picked Auburn to win the SEC in 2010, but you can't say he hates us and he DOES pick AGAINST Ohio St A LOT. THOSE are good analysts even when they're wrong. They're trying to do their jobs.

Kanell manages to come up with asymmetrical logic like "the ACC beating the SEC," while ignoring the notion that a one-loss or unbeaten FSU knocking off a .500 Florida team BARELY is hardly a feather in the cap. I mean, when your BEST teams can barely beat our WORST teams, your conference simply isn't that good. And Galloway, same basic thing.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.