James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I personally like MM because he was not afraid to state his opinion and stand by it right or wrong. He will be missed along with Rece Davis, IMO. I will not miss Lou 'the homer' Holtz adn hearing him spout off about nd.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
ESPN has the SECN to cater to 25% of the country. They are going to cater to the other 75%. Who hate the other 25% about as much as can be hated.

It is not coincidental that Kanell took on his his Anti-SEC personality at the advent of the SECN. ESPN knew what they were doing.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I may be in the minority, but I loved the Final show and the Lou Holtz/Mark May combo. I looked forward to the end of the night and watching those two goof off. Both guys really know football and just ramped things up for the "entertainment" value. Mark May ALWAYS gave good insight, no matter what. And then Rece Davis is probably my favorite sports TV personality.

It will be VERY interesting to see how much the ratings for this show fall off now. I'd rather watch paint dry than two knuckleheads like Galloway and Kanell and I bet there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way...

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Well now I don't have to stay up late on Saturday nights to watch CGF. Thanks ESPN for selecting the most undesirable people that I want in my head before I go to sleep.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I was nearly depressed when I heard this. I know a lot of people hated Lou Holtz, but I personally loved the way Rece, Mark May, and Lou worked together. They were knowledgeable, in-depth, and they had great chemistry. It was just a fun show to watch, IMO it was the best football related show on tv.

It's bad enough to lose all 3 of them, but it's even worse to replace them with idiots like Galloway and Kannell. I wont even dump on it for the incredible bias the two of them have, but they aren't polished, and they aren't fun. Both of them are dry and they have no interaction. You could almost get a better conversation out of two wooden indians.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I dislike Kanell, but I hate Galloway. I won't be watching it. I liked Mark May very much. A great analyst with seemingly no bias. He won't have any trouble moving to CBS or Fox, or hopefully the SEC network. I didn't mind a homer like Holtz, as much as I hate homer's like Galloway and Kanell.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Ratings should skyrocket in Ohio and FL, but, so will the ratings for SEC Network. I will be kind of curious to see what these two are spouting, but I will refrain from gracing that channel ever again.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.