Mark May Out On ESPN College Gameday Final

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I have religiously watched Gameday Final for years, but I'll never watch it again with Kanell on the show. We would all make fun of Holtz and his love for ND but, Kanell is worse when it comes to FSU. His unrelenting support for Winston was disgusting and creepy. What a pathetic pairing, great job ESPN.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Hate to say it, but won`t be watching most probably. I don`t watch television to have my BP elevate. I have to admit, though, that it might just be fun to watch IF we have an absolutely stellar season just to watch Kanell and Galloway squirm.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The head guy at Awful Announcing is glad Mark May is gone.

We’ve been on our current server setup for 14 months. We’ve not had a single unplanned outage to date until yesterday. Even before the majority of the country was awake and at their computers or browsing the web on their phones, Mark May’s demotion broke our servers.

I’m not going to hide from the fact that I’m an Ohio State alum and that this is something that brought us great great joy. We typically attempt to adhere to some level of professionalism in running this site (at least some times) and while a couple of times I paused in my zealous celebration of May’s demotion feeling a bit guilty (I treated myself to an ice cream sundae and watched an hour of Seinfeld when I should have been working to celebrate #MarkMayVictoryDay), the fact is ESPN and May subjected Ohio State fans, Notre Dame fans, and countless college football fans to an unbelievably long tenure of hell that it’s only human nature to delight that the era has officially ended.

rylandtide

1st Team
Nov 28, 2000
Ryland, Alabama
I loved watching this show every Saturday night/Sunday morning almost as much as I love watching Alabama Football. Bad decision by espn. Kanell is tolerable but galoway is a pure ohio homer. Anyone who cannot leave thier biases at the door does not need to be on tv. Will not be watching.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Bad decision by someone. We'll see how the ratings reflect the change.

I personally cannot think of two worse choices.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I loved watching this show every Saturday night/Sunday morning almost as much as I love watching Alabama Football. Bad decision by espn. Kanell is tolerable but galoway is a pure ohio homer. Anyone who cannot leave thier biases at the door does not need to be on tv. Will not be watching.
The problem with this move is that they have two people that attempt to play tv villians but are horrible at it. They think loud and obnoxious while stating every common objective view point makes a good villian, but fail to understand originality is the key to playing that point of view. I know these arent people's favorite people but its hard to argue that Finebaum, Cowherd, and Bayless dont bring more originality to their persona than Kannell and Galloway.

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I have to agree with everyone on this board. Can't watch because of the two but also just wondering does the rest of the Country but the SEC hate Mark May?

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Catering to the non-SEC crowd as has been stated. I guess it is too much to ask to get people on the show who don't ooze bias.
And that crowd is much greater than the pro SEC crowd. The rest of the country calls them ESecPN. This will change that.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Pollack had to have been a pretty big QB:biggrin:

Sorry bro, just picking.
Yeah, busted. I know I conflated his name with David Greene, who was the QB at the same time Pollack was at UGA. I think he and Greene were rommates IIRC.

But yeah I messed up.

:)

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
The Rece, Holtz, May combo made the show a must watch for me every week. Kanell is unwatchable and Galloway a cliche factory. Yall remind me to miss this show now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
the sad thing is some people will still watch and post videos on here of what these two idiots say.
Yeah, and they will complain all year about what Kannell and Galloway say. I would guess 90% of those who have said they won't watch that show will and complain all day on here Sunday.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
my worst nightmare, kanell and Galloway on same espn college football show. they are the most biased, egotistical sports analysts on the planet. why is espn creating such a void between sec network and their show? well, this football fan and sec supporter will not tune to listen to their garbage.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
why is espn creating such a void between sec network and their show? well, this football fan and sec supporter will not tune to listen to their garbage.
I think they are trying to cater to those fans of other conferences that feel "jilted" because of the SEC Network. Put some anti-SEC numbskulls on your prime post-game show and all of a sudden those "other fans" are talking about how awesome the show is and how they "put the SEC in their place." At least I think that's ESPN's logic in this whole thing. But it seems like there are a lot of fans for a lot of teams that don't like these two knuckleheads, so we'll see how that works out.

On the flip side, I was surprised at how a lot of people were GLAD that May is gone, especially Ohio State fans. I don't get it. Even when May got into his theatrical spats with Holtz, he was STILL one of the most level-headed and unbiased opinions on their network. I guess level-headed and unbiased opinions are no longer what ESPN wants, and therein lies the problem...

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
ESPN is in sharp decline. There are other sports media outlets who do it better now. Why else do you think ESPN gave the Arthur Ashe "Courage" Award to Michael Sam last year and is giving it to Bruce Jenner this year over people who have faced true adversity? It isn't about substance anymore in Bristol.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
And that crowd is much greater than the pro SEC crowd. The rest of the country calls them ESecPN. This will change that.
Yes, it`s resoundingly obvious what ESPN is trying to do. Though they would no doubt deny it vehemently, how could anybody with half a brain come to any other conclusion? They weren`t even the least bit subtle about it.

mariettatider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 18, 2009
ESPN is in sharp decline. There are other sports media outlets who do it better now. Why else do you think ESPN gave the Arthur Ashe "Courage" Award to Michael Sam last year and is giving it to Bruce Jenner this year over people who have faced true adversity? It isn't about substance anymore in Bristol.
Umm, because every show on ABC pushes that agenda?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.