2017 commits

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I don't understand these high quality WR recruits wanting to play at places like LSU and AU, especially lately given that they haven't had anybody really star at WR and the offenses they run?
LSU? Odell beckham jr? Ruben Randall?

I get that about auburn and it's right but lsu has some quality wr talent in the nfl. Quarterbacks are a different matter however.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LSU? Odell beckham jr? Ruben Randall?

I get that about auburn and it's right but lsu has some quality wr talent in the nfl. Quarterbacks are a different matter however.
I believe that's his point. LSU has had guys like ODB, Rueben, Jarvis Landry and other NFL WRs, yet they haven't done anything real special (ala Coop, AJ Green, Julio, etc) in college.

Rueben Randle had a total of 13 TDs in his three years at LSU and just over 1,600 yards. Coop beat those numbers in his first two years and then beat them in his third season alone.

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I believe that's his point. LSU has had guys like ODB, Rueben, Jarvis Landry and other NFL WRs, yet they haven't done anything real special (ala Coop, AJ Green, Julio, etc) in college.

Rueben Randle had a total of 13 TDs in his three years at LSU and just over 1,600 yards. Coop beat those numbers in his first two years and then beat them in his third season alone.
Exactly my point. Yes they have produced some good quality WR's in the NFL, but they did nothing special while at LSU. Beckham is a freak and with the way he's played in the NFL you would think he would've produced that way at LSU, but they didn't get him the ball enough, hence PokeChop's comment about QBs :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I sure didn't see that coming. Good luck to him.
Reading some of his recent comments, I got the feeling they may get him. He's talked about having former teammates at Auburn plus he's talked about having a good relationship with Herb Hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I sure didn't see that coming. Good luck to him.
Actually it was 50 / 50 Bama and auburn. With Elliott Baker committing recently, the decision was made easier for Troxell. Some kids don't want to wait their turn to see the field. He fits well with their schemes, he's on the lighter side at 260 lbs and will probably fill out to 280 -290 lbs range. As long as Gus is there, big bruising linemen are not going to be plenty. Good luck to him , he will have a better chance of early playing time.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Actually it was 50 / 50 Bama and auburn. With Elliott Baker committing recently, the decision was made easier for Troxell. Some kids don't want to wait their turn to see the field. He fits well with their schemes, he's on the lighter side at 260 lbs and will probably fill out to 280 -290 lbs range. As long as Gus is there, big bruising linemen are not going to be plenty. Good luck to him , he will have a better chance of early playing time.

I know it is a difficult concept for these young men, but there is a saying that the best things come to those who wait -- meaning you may not play as a freshman, sparingly as a soph, but be amazing in junior and senior years ending up as a high draft choice. For those who may not work out as future NFLers, perhaps going to the Barn is the next best option. Good luck to the young man.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Interesting UA recruiting update from the AJC.

The writer seems to have actually talked to a few people.
Thanks for the link CE. Two things stick out to me. One is that Dylan Moses is not among the LB's listed. I still think we land him. Two is if we get all the DB's on the list it will be incredible. Wade, Nasirlideen and McKinney are special players (I don't know enough about McDonald to comment but if Coach Saban takes him he is very talented).

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Interesting UA recruiting update from the AJC.

The writer seems to have actually talked to a few people.
the writer needs more recent updates. Najee was just in Tuscaloosa and from all indications , he's solid as you can get.
Brian Robinson has been committed to Alabama since November 2015, not several months as he suggested.
he needs to add Nico Collins to the list of WRs that could commit to Bama too.

its not a bad breakdown of prospects possibly committing to Bama, but recruiting is so fluid...

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Is that the school psycho Jim wants to play in the big house? Or is that the one in jersey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psycho Jim is highly connected at Paramus (NJ) Catholic and wants them to play somebody at the big house. He hired their head coach and got Jabril Peppers and Rashan Gary from Paramus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.