2017 commits

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Sure, the 2016 class is a bit slow but usually there are several players added early and then at the end when it is crunch time you see many of those earlier commits go elsewhere or grey shirt. This isn't always the case but it is a trend I have noticed under CNS's watch. Perhaps this approach is be really sure on the guys that do commit but also leave room when recruiting really heats up in December and January. Just my .02

As far as the 2017 class. If we can keep that RB out of Cali I will be one happy boy. It must seem nice as a RB to see that our staff is committed to OL recruiting.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Whether we sign him or not, I like the kids attitude. He wanted to do it early enough to not cause real problems. Can't fault him for wanting to look around, he's a kid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Netori Johnson just tweeted this. He's no longer committed to Bama.

Good grief. I understand it's the thing nowadays to decommit. I understand a young man can be unsure about his decisions and that he might come back on board. I get all that, but what I don't get is how him, his coaches, and family can think Alabama might be any less of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity now, than it was when he committed in the first place. I guess that's just my quirky thinking. I mean, I still don't understand why any of these blue chips would go to Tennessee.

RollSaban

Oct 15, 2015
Beast of a class we got! I love it! What I would give to be in a room where Saban is giving his pitch :)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
After reading his comment about watching signing day, seems he is afraid to compete. Sorry but, if you're scared to compete, good riddance! We don't need you.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Good grief. I understand it's the thing nowadays to decommit. I understand a young man can be unsure about his decisions and that he might come back on board. I get all that, but what I don't get is how him, his coaches, and family can think Alabama might be any less of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity now, than it was when he committed in the first place. I guess that's just my quirky thinking. I mean, I still don't understand why any of these blue chips would go to Tennessee.
IMHO, because we signed arguably the best O line class in the country. For some, nothing is more important than playing right now. Most of these kids are convinced they`re good enough to be 3 and gone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.