Link: 15 for '15: College football coaches on the hot seat

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

15. Les Miles, LSU

Record: 103-29 in 10 seasons
The skinny: It's hard to imagine LSU getting rid of Miles, who has averaged 10 wins per season and has won a national title. But SEC programs are notoriously quick on the trigger, and while all SEC fan bases are demanding, LSU's is especially so. LSU is coming off an 8-5 season, which is tied for the worst mark during Miles' tenure. Miles recruits at a high level, especially on defense. But the Tigers' offense has struggled the past few seasons. LSU was 4-4 in conference play last season, and the last time the Tigers had back-to-back seasons of .500 or less in SEC games was 1998 and 1999. The coach was Gerry DiNardo, and he was fired late in the 1999 season. Again, it's extremely difficult to imagine that fate for Miles, but if LSU goes 8-5 again (or, heaven forbid, worse) ...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
it will be interesting to see if richt's seat gets warm if they don't make it to the seccg again this year. he no longer has mike bobo to take the fanbase's blame.

i didn't know that georgia state had a seat to get warm.

if lsu gets rid of miles, i wonder if they will be able to pony up enough $ to get a proven coach to replace him

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Iowa State .487
New Mexico .459
Indiana .422
Vanderbilt .496

I have never understood the ego of the loser schools. A history of losing. When they get a coach who takes them bowling regularly they lose him (see the latest example at Vandy). What's the point of firing Paul Rhodes or Bob Davie? Yes, Vandy should look around 'cause they sucked last year.

If they finsish 5-7 or 6-6 they should be content.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is a big name too. He makes a ridiculous amount of money for his present day records. Probably the reason he is on this list. Golden is a name that is a subcategory to big since he works at Miami.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is a big name too. He makes a ridiculous amount of money for his present day records. Probably the reason he is on this list. Golden is a name that is a subcategory to big since he works at Miami.
I've said for years that Ferentz HAS to have some dirt on somebody.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Iowa State .487
New Mexico .459
Indiana .422
Vanderbilt .496

I have never understood the ego of the loser schools. A history of losing. When they get a coach who takes them bowling regularly they lose him (see the latest example at Vandy). What's the point of firing Paul Rhodes or Bob Davie? Yes, Vandy should look around 'cause they sucked last year.

If they finsish 5-7 or 6-6 they should be content.
Hell, Iowa State hasn't won a conference title since 1912 and Dan McCarney resigned rather than get fired after the took them to five bowl games in seven years. Of course, they then picked up a guy named Gene Chizik, saying, "He's got national championship coach written all over him." And they were right, too, it just took a 5-19 record and the Awburn family calling for Gene to realize his full uh potential.

Indiana has only played in one bowl game since 1993 (and only nine overall) and made the Rose Bowl only once (and got creamed).

Vandy is a bit spoiled because of the James Franklin aberration.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The main reason Miles is on this list is because whoever made this list is basing the comments of the LSU fans that inhabit a forum which will not be named. Its hard to believe that Les has a better chance to get fired than Richt. I think the fanbase as a whole is 75% for keeping him and the other 25% for letting him go. Most of the 25% base their opinions off of the last 4 Bama games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.