Former Virginia QB Greyson Lambert Transferring to Georgia

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Joe Schad just reported it.

Lambert is a graduate transfer with two years of eligibility left. Not real sure about his chances to take the starting position, though. In two years at UVA, he threw for 1972 yards, 11 touchdowns and 13 INTs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

A guy that failed at UVA beats out the players UGA has signed. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Haha, says the team that is about to start Coker, the guy that couldn't start at FSU.
Coker has been on campus for over a year. Lambert has been in Athens 2 months.

Coker lost a battle to Jameis Winston, the Heisman trophy winner and first overall pick in the 2015 NFL Draft. Don't see anyone like that on UVA's roster to cause Lambert to transfer.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
word around the state is Lambert picked up the offense quicker than anybody else on the roster. some UGA fans are upset that this is true.
I could understand that, but then again, UGA just hired Brian Shottenheimer in January to replace Mike Bobo. I know Shottenheimer has said he was going to try to use a similar system and terminology as Bobo. Still, every QB was pretty much starting at "square one" in the spring. It could stand to reason that Lambert didn't have very far to go to catch up with those already on campus.

Just a thought.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
^^^^^^^ :biggrin2:
This makes me feel better about our game in Athens.
Nope! Not me. I've seen this movie before! I am not discounting anybody's perceived weakness at QB ;)

QUARTERBACKS

With J.T. Barrett knocked out for the year with a broken ankle, Cardale Jones took over in the Big 10 Championship Game and was an immediate success as the Buckeyes rolled over Wisconsin, 59-0. Jones is the biggest quarterback Alabama will have faced since Cam Newton in 2010; he’s bigger than Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott at 6’5”, 250 pounds. Pegging what kind of passer Jones is, however, is difficult; he’s thrown only 34 passes so far this season. But his running ability is already a known quantity, as Jones is averaging more than 6 yards per carry on 34 totes on the season. If Alabama should happen to knock Jones from the game, Ohio State could be in real trouble. Jones was already third on the depth chart headed into the fall behind Barrett and Braxton Miller, who was also knocked out for the year. The backup would be either Jalin Marshall, currently at H-back, or Stephen Collier. Both are freshmen, and neither has completed a collegiate pass. Alabama will counter with Blake Sims, who made some Heisman Trophy ballots and whose dual-threat, big-play ability has steadily grown in effectiveness as the season has gone along. Backup Jake Coker has thrown almost twice as many passes as Ohio State’s starter for this game. This one becomes hard to pick simply because of a lack of information. Jones no doubt possesses raw skills and looked superb in his only start, but Sims’ experience counts for much more, and there’s a decent chance Coker is also better than Jones. Advantage: Alabama

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I'm thinking that a new guy beating out program veterans might sew a little discord or perhaps mean the new system is posing problems. I'm not slighting Lambert at all, as I recall we had some interest in recruiting him.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I'm thinking that a new guy beating out program veterans might sew a little discord or perhaps mean the new system is posing problems. I'm not slighting Lambert at all, as I recall we had some interest in recruiting him.
That is always a concern, but winning always takes care of that. If they don't get off to a good start, or if Lambert doesn't play well early, that absolutely could be the case, especially if the team would preferred another guy.

I've just seen too many backup QB's or perceived average/poor passers go all Joe Montana on us for me to get too excited about it! -lol

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.