How Bama Makes Them Quit.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TexasTider

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 6, 2004
Agreed on Clemson. IIRC, we made the SI cover and in the article Saban addresses the team right before the game starts and tells the team that the OL and DL needs to whip Clemson's and then says "lets go make their a** quit" and that is exactly what we did. It starts upfront on both sides of the ball IMO.
That was actually the LSU 2008 game. CNS's first trip back to Baton Rouge. I wasn't there but from everything you could see he was keyed up. His fire in that video was palpable. Honestly I'm not sure I've seen him like that since, at least a public viewing of that passion. I still watch that video at the beginning of every year and before the LSU game every year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMLOv0uklxY

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You don't make a team quit by scoring more points than them, you make them quit by physically dominating them. That requires dominant line play and running backs that seek contact. At some point, even in a close game, you will see the team being pounded upon start to give way to avoid the pain from hit after hit after hit.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I recall a comment by Jesse Williams looking into the LSU players in the second half of the Sugar Bowl and seeing by the look in their eyes that they did not want to play against Alabama any more.
That is making a team quit: whipping them so bad on so many plays that they lose the belief in themselves and stop trying. Look at the LSU sidelines in the second half. They were mentally beaten.

I have seen this done by the offense (So Car 2009) as well as by the defense (LSU 2012).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I recall a comment by Jesse Williams looking into the LSU players in the second half of the Sugar Bowl and seeing by the look in their eyes that they did not want to play against Alabama any more.
That is making a team quit: whipping them so bad on so many plays that they lose the belief in themselves and stop trying. Look at the LSU sidelines in the second half. They were mentally beaten.

I have seen this done by the offense (So Car 2009) as well as by the defense (LSU 2012).
that bcscg against lsu was a thing of beauty. i remember the look on jefferson's face when he kept trying to run that option

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I don't think I saw this all of last year.

I think O Line & D Line have more control of this than any other Group.

JMHO
Texas am quit in the first half. The Derrick Henry screen pass was silly. That was dominant much like the 2010 season capital one against mich st. Another really good one was Arkansas 2011. Dre had several huge hits and then Upshaw destroyed wilson in the end zone on a pick six. I'll remember that play forever. They had been jawing the play before.

Auburns defense pretty much did. I think we scored five straight tds in the second half.

I think both offense and defense can do it. We have big nasty guys like reed and Robinson in the middle, big hitters in reuben and ragland, then some fast guys on the edge in Williams and Evans. I think these guys will dominate some teams. If the ol ends up being strong run blocking then Henry will be who does it for the offense.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.