Link: It's official, CMG and staff will return

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Not unexpected, but still, how can you logically explain this to anyone whose expectations are greater than finishing 11th in the SEC?

rtr

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Gaspard is just full of freaking excuses, and it makes me sick. Just be a man and say "we failed to do our job". Driving to the Met from T-town is NOT that hard on your body. Some high school teams play that many games and travel a lot more without staying overnight like Bama did in Hoover. Then since they were staying in Hoover, surely they had access to the cages and field at the Met. Sad that Bama Baseball has come to excuses and whining.

I'll be there for the opening of The Joe, but who is up to wearing some paper sacks over our heads that say "Fire Mitch"?:biggrin:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The other night, on the stRangers game, they interviewed Joey Gallo's parents, after his "explosive" MLB debut.

They talked about 14-hour road trips, every weekend, for various games. I'm pretty sure I heard similar talk, during some of the softball WS, last week, from parents of some star players.

Funny how HS kids can do that (and ones that turn out to be really good players), but our team can't. Yeah, it is a hassle. But, not insurmountable.

Sad. Pathetic. Gasper....................

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Speaking of Gaspard again did y'all see the "Brent Carter letter" sent to rollbamaroll I think it was? What garbage. Re-hashed stuff and was the same excuses Mitch had. Obviously these boys have never played at a poor high school that had no facilities that they had to make their own stuff, etc. and never had it hard. Only at Bama did they have that problem.:rolleyes: Just like Carter saying they couldn't work on bunt defense or cut off throws because of all those loud jackhammers that make the whole campus so noisy you can't hear anything:rolleyes:

Then to top it off he says Mitch deserves to coach this team next year and we will have all this "great home field advantage". As bad as I hate to say it, I'm ready to see an empty Joe and see how Battle and crew react to this genius baseball coach that we have when there is no more crowd support. Nobody in right field. Then they'll cry that we don't support them enough but that is bull too because when Wells was here the crowds were there including myself. I know I was kind of mad at the UNC Super because it wasn't totally full but it was close. The jam packed Mississippi State game, etc. When was the last time (if any) we had a full sell out under Mitch?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Found this article on Gaspard background and how he laid program
foundation and built coaching staff. Typical losing ways. If you tell
them to play hard everything else will follow. LOL
GabSmack ought to be a d*mned gameshow host for all his happy talk and blather. What an embarrassment to the university for such a bloated and verbose self-aggrandizing piece of work to continue wearing a 'Bama baseball uniform...

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Double post (though maybe it ought to be "tripled" if it got any momentum going for Gasper Gotta Go).

Last edited:

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
Well, we have now seen one and/or two things...Coach Battle is too lazy to go through another coaching change and doesn't want to do whats best for UA and/or its true that UA doesn't give a rip about a successful top level baseball program. After all, they had to be shamed into building a new stadium and finally did it 12 years later than they should have. Hope Battle enjoys an empty $45 million stadium after the first month of the season when the newness wears off.
I am sitting here watching Super Regionals with teams with less talent than UA has. Its a downright shame and a disgrace. I won't be renewing my season tickets next year.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
To me it is simply delaying the inevitable. I have watch Gaspard and this staff pretty closely over the last 3 years ( including attending quite a few games). Game management and player development is noticeably behind most of the league. Battle just was not going going to pull the plug after firing Grant and the team playing all season away from Tuscaloosa.

Watching teams like Louisville, TCU and VCU in the Super Regionals and then looking at our program makes me ill. The SEC is the best league in the country- time we found a staff that can compete in that league. This staff will be gone next year- again just delaying what should have already happened. But Battle was not going to be known as the AD who fired a coach that played the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation- all away from home. It is that simple.

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
How many more years will Bama baseball fans have to sit patiently(?) and watch LSU, Florida, Vanderbilt, TX A&M and Arkansas dominate SEC play and go deep into post-season? Alabama used to be one of those teams. But no, Coach Battle doesn't want to fire two coaches in the same year? Just do your job Battle, regardless of what it calls for.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
How many more years will Bama baseball fans have to sit patiently(?) and watch LSU, Florida, Vanderbilt, TX A&M and Arkansas dominate SEC play and go deep into post-season? Alabama used to be one of those teams. But no, Coach Battle doesn't want to fire two coaches in the same year? Just do your job Battle, regardless of what it calls for.
Well said!!

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
The only way to get their attention is to leave the new stadium empty and not renew season tickets. Hope lots of people decide to not renew them.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
From the May 22 Battle Plan

We are excited about the rebuilding of Sewell-Thomas Stadium. I walked the stadium site last week and it is shaping up to be a magnificent facility. At this time we are on schedule and on budget to complete construction in November, which will leave a comfortable buffer to be ready for the 2016 baseball season. New and improved facilities have helped our men's and women's golf, men's and women's tennis, softball, football and gymnastics programs win championships, and we are counting on our beautiful new baseball venue to help our coaches attract outstanding student-athletes to return Crimson Tide baseball to the level we all desire.

So, if baseball is not at the level desired. Why is CMG and staff still in place? No wonder he likes Gaspard, they both speak the same BS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.