9/3/2016

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
– USC vs. Alabama (at AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas)
– Notre Dame at Texas
– UCLA at Texas A&M
– LSU vs. Wisconsin (at Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin)
– Georgia vs. North Carolina (at Georgia Dome, Atlanta)
– Clemson at Auburn
– Oklahoma vs. Houston (at NRG Stadium, Houston)
– Missouri at West Virginia
– BYU vs. Arizona (at University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.)
-- BC vs. GT (at Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland)

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
– Notre Dame at Texas
– UCLA at Texas A&M
Georgia vs. North Carolina (at Georgia Dome, Atlanta)
– Clemson at Auburn
All of those look like great games EXCEPT Georgia vs NC. Hopefully, the NCAA will take care of NC.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
One of the more outstanding opening weekends that I can remember in a looong time.
May be the most outstanding opening weekend/week of CFB ever. Florida State and Ole Miss will play in Orlando on Labor Day night Sept. 5, and the Tennessee-Virginia Tech Battle at Bristol follows on Sept. 10.

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
Since I live in Knoxville and my wife is a UT fan, we are considering going to the Tennessee-Va Tech game for the unique experience. But with it being at the Bristol race track, I'm thinking the seats will be so far from the field that you wont be able to see well at all.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That would be us, and the conference doing the bad-mouthing would be the one with only one team on the list...
Ohio State plays Oklahoma in Norman the third week of the season and Michigan has UCF the 2nd week if that is any consolation. I think the PAC 12 fans are the worst about bad mouthing SEC scheduling. Ive been around alot of USC and Oregon fans and that ridicule us for playing WCU but they say teams like Portland State are worthy because they are ranked higher in the FCS. The Big 10 is put in that category just because of Delany's comments about the 2011 BCS championship game otherwise the Big 10 fans are more concerned about trashing on each other more than the national spotlight. But when they win it they let you know it, but so do we.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And you can thank the four-team playoff for this because with the ole BCS you'd have teams highly touted to start the year who scraped by often inferior competition but just so long as they won, nobody was going to drop them in the polls.

At the same time, this was never all that much of a problem for the SEC anyway. LSU, Tennessee, and Alabama in particular have been aggressive trying to schedule tough games in September the last decade or more.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
The USC game already worries me. They seem to be returning to full strength at the worst possible time. Thankfully, it is our first game and I am completely confident Nick will have the team ready, assuming he's still here, of course.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
The USC game already worries me. They seem to be returning to full strength at the worst possible time. Thankfully, it is our first game and I am completely confident Nick will have the team ready, assuming he's still here, of course.
Whoever starts at QB for USC will be a first time starter, so that should make a difference. My USC grad father hopes it'll be a positive difference like Matt Leinart's first start as a QB against Auburn in 2003. I hope whoever is QB doesn't have that good of a day.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Whoever starts at QB for USC will be a first time starter, so that should make a difference. My USC grad father hopes it'll be a positive difference like Matt Leinart's first start as a QB against Auburn in 2003. I hope whoever is QB doesn't have that good of a day.
I don't mean to argue, but what about Max Browne? If he wins the job this season, he will have a full year of experience when we play them. Is that not right?

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I don't mean to argue, but what about Max Browne? If he wins the job this season, he will have a full year of experience when we play them. Is that not right?
It is right, but I don't get the impression from my dad that he'll end up being the starter. He's hearing that it'll more likely be someone that they recruit to come in and immediately start.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
– Notre Dame at Texas
– UCLA at Texas A&M
– Georgia vs. North Carolina (at Georgia Dome, Atlanta)
– Clemson at Auburn
I think I will take that day off work!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Oklahoma vs. Houston (at NRG Stadium, Houston)

Not a Power Five but still an interesting matchup. One of those games where Oklahoma has a lot to lose and little to gain.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
That would be us, and the conference doing the bad-mouthing would be the one with only one team on the list...
The argument now is we won't go play a home and home. They are even talking about Florida never leaving the state for an oc game, forgetting the fact that Florida State is a tough game every year right in their state.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.