*** QB Jalen Hurts Signs With Alabama ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: ***4-Star Elite 11 QB Jalen Hurts commits to Alabama***

I agree. I'm not trying to be negative it's just with all the QBs on roster now + Blake Barnett + if we take 2 in this class I could see us with 6+ QBs on roster again. That's an excessive amount to have at one time IMO..
Mack mentioned in the Pass thread the thought is one guy transfers out.

Plus, I trust the current offensive staff more than the 2013 staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Mack mentioned in the Pass thread the thought is one guy transfers out.

Plus, I trust the current offensive staff more than the 2013 staff.

As do I. I'm all for having as much talent on our roster as possible but since CNS has been here Bama hasn't done a stellar job of evaluating/developing highly recruited QBs. Hopefully the ones in this class turn out differently..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

As do I. I'm all for having as much talent on our roster as possible but since CNS has been here Bama hasn't done a stellar job of evaluating/developing highly recruited QBs. Hopefully the ones in this class turn out differently..
A: I'm pretty sure that Saban isn't the QB coach.
B: Instead Alabama developed lower ranked guys. I'm not sure how that's a problem...

But, who would you classify as poorly evaluated/developed guys? I mean seriously, what Star and Phillip Sims (who transferred out before he got a chance to play)? It's kind of like saying he did a bad job with kickers, it's a pretty small sample size...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Congrats young man!

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Re: *** QB Jalen Hurts Commits to Alabama ***

Sumlin met with Hurts over the weekend in an in-home visit and since A&M has lost all depth and real starter skill at QB, hurts now finds a&m "interesting"

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Sumlin met with Hurts over the weekend in an in-home visit and since A&M has lost all depth and real starter skill at QB, hurts now finds a&m "interesting"

I hate to tell any recruit that Sumlin has done nothing more than create himself a dumpster fire in College Station & if any QB wants to play for the QB killer HC that Sumlin has become..More power to 'em..Sumlin's fall has been faster than most & I was actually a fan of his at one time..He's in wayyyyy over his head & I think has become a "Lame Duck" HC..

ESPN is jumping off the Sumlin Wagon as well..Never a good sign..Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

If he is thinking "short term"...then A&M might have a chance at him.
If he is thinking "long term"....then his best interest would be Bama...by far!!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

The appeal of no qbs on their roster will be hard to beat especially for a kid from Texas. That said with a little review he may notice the reason they have no qbs on the roster is far from a positive. And he may very well be playing to save summons job next year if he wins the starting position.

This one got interesting due to the exodus in college station.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

This may be another we lose to the "local school." Just like kicker Eddie P switching to UF.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You'd be crazy to go to a&m. I have faith he's not that stupid, but if he is, I don't want him reading defenses for our team.
Guys like this believe that they can make a difference. Doesn't make him stupid - just a bit egotistical (like most great athletes).

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Shoot ... I find A&M interesting as well ... how does a program lose two of the main QBs they recruited to be the future of their program for the next 4 years ... and how do they expect someone else to come in and feel comfortable play QB there? I know Hurts will make the best decision for his education and career. The only argument that A&M has right now is they can offer immediate playing time, but what else? They can't claim strength of program or their ability to groom QBs.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I haven't seen a better looking QB prospect in my lifetime. That kid is flat out mind boggling.

The first person I thought of watching the video was Cam Newton.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I just hope he stays committed. I can understand him being interested from his point of view but in the grand scheme of things A&M is really at a bad point. They probably the most disappointing program in the SEC this year next to the Barn. And like the Barn, their problems are continuing after the regular season. He's a talented young man and I believe he can really position himself to do great things at Bama and even challenge for a NC and a Heisman under his helm. We already had 2 of our last three QBs that were Heisman finalists. But back to the topic, the good thing for us is he will be an EE so there's a better chance he sticks with us.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I haven't seen a better looking QB prospect in my lifetime. That kid is flat out mind boggling.

The first person I thought of watching the video was Cam Newton.
I agree. He has dual threat skills that are incredible. We have that somewhat with Blake B but this kid is more elusive. I hope we hold onto him and I think we do. Hid dad is the HC of their HS team and I think integrity and commitment are a big part of both their lives.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I agree. He has dual threat skills that are incredible. We have that somewhat with Blake B but this kid is more elusive. I hope we hold onto him and I think we do. Hid dad is the HC of their HS team and I think integrity and commitment are a big part of both their lives.
Let's hope you're correct. He'd look awesome in Crimson! Maroon? Nah.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Just projecting how soon do we think he would see the field at Alabama? Does he believe he can beat out BB? If he does not come here my gut feeling would be he did not think he could beat out BB with in the next 3 years. Even if that were the case he could start as a redshirt junior and be very ready to play. If BB is as good as I hear he won't stick around for more than 3 more years.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.