Banks are about to get more in bailouts

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think that in gov't circles, ''too big to fail'' really means ''our partners''.
Like.

I think that a warning label of "This financial institution is too big to insure. Congress will take no action is this institution goes belly up; Investors are officially forewarned" would probably do wonders in convincing a big financial institution to divest itself of some of its holdings.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Like.

I think that a warning label of "This financial institution is too big to insure. Congress will take no action is this institution goes belly up; Investors are officially forewarned" would probably do wonders in convincing a big financial institution to divest itself of some of its holdings.
*like too*

Sounds great, but can you imaging a politician trying to get donations and going back to someone running that organization after they are informed that they meet that threshold? Fly on the wall viewer worthy stuff.

Partners really is a good term for large businesses and government in an economy like ours. IMO that is not such a bad thing. It is much better than having that industry be just another agency in that government. In fact government should consider small businesses as equal value partners with large ones.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.