ILB Jaquan Yulee Commits to Marshall (Update: Page 5)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: ILB Jaquan Yulee

Jaquan just tweeted he's backing off his commitment to Alabama. No surprise.

I think I read where he possibly had grade issues. Is this a case of us backing off in favor of others or grades, or him making the decision? May mean good news with Ben Davis and Jackson out of TX.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think I read where he possibly had grade issues. Is this a case of us backing off in favor of others or grades, or him making the decision? May mean good news with Ben Davis and Jackson out of TX.
He had a ways to go to qualify when he committed back in June. I recall people saying it would be unlikely he signed with Bama then.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Coaches probably felt it wasn't worth the risk with all the other LBs still on our board. We seem to be in good position with Ben Davis, and some think we're doing better with Mack Wilson. Dontavius Jackson is heavily coveted as well.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Probably a grade issue....but man I would love to get Jackson, The Shark, Davis and Wilson....and if room, Yulee if he gets his grades or Thompson who is committed to MSU. And Add Cole in there.

That would be insane...not likely but incredible LB haul

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Probably a grade issue....but man I would love to get Jackson, The Shark, Davis and Wilson....and if room, Yulee if he gets his grades or Thompson who is committed to MSU. And Add Cole in there.

That would be insane...not likely but incredible LB haul
Maybe the kid just wants to feel the love for the time left before NSD. There is still a chance he signs with Bama if he makes the grades.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Re: *** ILB Jaquan Yulee commits to Alabama ***

He may not make it to campus for a number of reasons. Check the TD Moton thread from the last recruiting cycle. As I understand it, it's a similar situation. And on top of that, he has a little more than normal work to do in the classroom
Hey....somebody here told you several months ago that this would happen

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: *** ILB Jaquan Yulee commits to Alabama ***

Hey....somebody here told you several months ago that this would happen
This may deserve its own thread, William, but this is shaping up to be the most unusual recruiting cycle we've had in years. We've grown accustomed to having virtually a full class with less than a month to go. This year, as our commitment list keeps changing, we may have at least 10 spots to fill in the final days.

Silent commitments, surprise visitors, coaching changes etc. etc. .... maybe you and a few others have a broader feel for what will be taking place in the coming weeks. But for the rest of us, we haven't had this degree of uncertainty or unpredictability in years. The last few weeks should be hoppin'

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
ILB Jaquan Yulee Updates (No Longer Committed to Bama)

This may deserve its own thread, William, but this is shaping up to be the most unusual recruiting cycle we've had in years. We've grown accustomed to having virtually a full class with less than a month to go. This year, as our commitment list keeps changing, we may have at least 10 spots to fill in the final days.

Silent commitments, surprise visitors, coaching changes etc. etc. .... maybe you and a few others have a broader feel for what will be taking place in the coming weeks. But for the rest of us, we haven't had this degree of uncertainty or unpredictability in years. The last few weeks should be hoppin'
Either way, we'll wind up with another #1 class. Kirby's doing a great job for UGA considering his situation. But JP is like a pied piper. Kids love him. Trust that some heavy leans to UGA are now UA leans because of him. Also, don't underestimate Lane & Tosh's pull on the west coast. Making some serious in-roads with some top notch guys out there.

There are also two more on our commit list right now that will wind up at other schools. It's expected. And contingencies are in place. Coaches from other schools yak to each other all the time. They know more than we do, and before we do that these kids are playing the game. It is what it is. But we're in a really good place right now.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: ILB Jaquan Yulee Updates (No Longer Committed to Bama)

Good to hear. It will make for an entertaining few weeks.

Either way, we'll wind up with another #1 class. Kirby's doing a great job for UGA considering his situation. But JP is like a pied piper. Kids love him. Trust that some heavy leans to UGA are now UA leans because of him. Also, don't underestimate Lane & Tosh's pull on the west coast. Making some serious in-roads with some top notch guys out there.

There are also two more on our commit list right now that will wind up at other schools. It's expected. And contingencies are in place. Coaches from other schools yak to each other all the time. They know more than we do, and before we do that these kids are playing the game. It is what it is. But we're in a really good place right now.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Grades were always an issue. Also , I would be surprised if Diggs didn't end up at Maryland. Also Davis is likely a Academic causality as well. Lastly, Vaughn who I talked about a last time is the number 1 WR in the country.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

So all I see are players de-committing and talk of who we're gonna lose. We need to close strong. Is there anyone that we're actually going to get in the next few days?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

So all I see are players de-committing and talk of who we're gonna lose. We need to close strong. Is there anyone that we're actually going to get in the next few days?
Most of our remaining targets will announce on NSD or close to it and we will close very, very strong.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

the LBs that are leaning Bama or we are most likely to sign are significantly better than Yulee is at this point in their careers....

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

This seemed obvious, RTO, but thanks for spelling it out.

Only the very confident are going to want to be in the competition for PT on team that is annually competing for championships and is 3-4 deep in elite talent. The ones who do have the confidence and work ethic to make it enjoy huge rewards when they do break into the rotation.
I fully expect Bama to finish very strong in recruiting.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jaquan just tweeted he will not be signing on NSD and he has more thinking he needs to do. Probably has been told by schools to get his academics in order before he signs anywhere.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Jaquan just tweeted he will not be signing on NSD and he has more thinking he needs to do. Probably has been told by schools to get his academics in order before he signs anywhere.
Sounds like Juco is in his future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.