Bama in the 2015 MLB Draft

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Current players drafted:

Mikey White -- 63rd (2nd round) - Oakland Athletics (Signed 6/12)
Casey Hughston -- 96th (3rd round) - Pittsburgh Pirates (Signed 6/11)
Taylor Guilbeau -- 314th (10th round) - Washington Nationals
Kyle Overstreet -- 417th (14th round) - San Diego Padres (Signed 6/14)
Will Carter -- 423rd (14th round) - New York Yankees (Signed 6/12)
Georgie Salem -- 1156th (39th round) - Arizona Diamondbacks

Incoming recruits drafted:

Mike Nikorak -- 27th (1st round) - Colorado Rockies (Signed 6/18)
Cobie Vance -- 484th (16th round) - Cleveland Indians (Indicated he's coming to UA)

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Has nothing to do with us, but I hope whoever drafted Benintendi doesn't play the stRangers on a regular basis. (Translation: hope the Bo'sox send him to the National League.)

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Looks like White, Carter, and Overstreet have officially signed.

I expected White and Carter, but I think losing Overstreet is a huge blow for next year's team.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Considering that they chose to come play here with that coaching staff in place, I don't see why it's so hard to believe.

In answer to your question, I expected White and Carter to sign, but I figured Overstreet would come back and try to get into the top 6-7 rounds, but I guess to him, the loss of the leverage you have as a junior outweighed the benefits of getting drafted higher. Not criticizing as it's a perfectly legitimate reason.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Considering that they chose to come play here with that coaching staff in place, I don't see why it's so hard to believe
But in respect to them, they are kids and will believe a lot of things. Things were not as dire then as today.

As for Overstreet I thought from the beginning he was gone with White for sure.

And thanks to the OP for adding the "signed" beside each player that has signed.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
But in respect to them, they are kids and will believe a lot of things. Things were not as dire then as today.

As for Overstreet I thought from the beginning he was gone with White for sure.

And thanks to the OP for adding the "signed" beside each player that has signed.
I always assume anyone in the first 10 rounds is gone, but I figured he could get into those rounds with a good year here next year. Now, though, losing him gives Gaspard that many more excuses when we don't perform well next year.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Mike Nikorak has signed with the Rockies (as expected) for ~$2.3 mil. Cobie Vance has also indicated he's not signing and will attend UA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.