News Article: NBC Sports - Bama vs Clemson in Peach Bowl

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
If they dont play in the BCS playoffs. I would prefer we play in the Peach Bowl and I will get to sit in the suites. But its a long way and I hope this just fires this team up .

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, the Peach Bowl is now a big time bowl game in the playoff rotation, in the order of the old BCS bowl games. So, Alabama could go 11-1 and end up in the Peach Bowl.

It's not necessarily like the old days when the Peach Bowl meant you were 8-4.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I guess I can see a way that the barn might make the playoffs, but against Notre Dame? Really? Did I miss something or is anyone else predicting ND to be in the playoffs?

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
We all know how the barn usually performs when they receive a lot of pre-season hype. I am actually happier than I would have been had the guy predicted them to be in the Birmingham Bowl.:biggrin:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yes, let's pretend that Ohio State is going to waltz through the B1G every year. Should I remind anyone what Urban's record was the year after his 2006 national title? His QB won the Heisman by scoring 51 TDs.

Oh - and they lost four games.

His 2009 team? A great team, probably number two in the country that year.

And it sent him to the hospital. I'm neither a Buckeye nor Urban Meyer basher but let's not think we can stop the season right now. Yes, they looked very good in the playoff last year - but the bullseye on their backs just got bigger. Go back and look at how many teams looked all world and failed to repeat. 1989 Notre Dame was a better team than the 1988 national champions - but they didn't win it all. (Holtz himself said it was the best team he ever had). Nobody can project things like distractions, injuries, or the overall mounting pressure of game after game on college aged kids.

And Auburn? Rest assured that when they lose three games this year the natives will get restless. Auburn has a LONG and undistinguished history of following up awesome seasons with fans going ballistic shortly thereafter. Pat Dye was robbed of the 1983 national title and by 1986 folks were wanting to fire him. After he hit just a bit of a lull (3 straight SEC titles followed by a collapse and two-year crash), they couldn't wait to throw him overboard. Terry Bowden got fired six games after winning their first-ever SEC West title. Tuberville was eminently successful and after one mediocre year they tossed him overboard. Chizik got fired less than two calendar years from winning it all. (You'd think that would be grounds for keeping someone around a bit but not at Auburn).

Keep in mind I'm not one of the Bama fans who thinks Gus is a mediocrity who got lucky; I think he's a good OFFENSIVE coach and we will have to be on our game to beat them every year. But the rope is short in Lee County, and let's not start acting like he's the newest Steve Spurrier circa 1990s.

I have no idea right now - but just like when they pick us and we fall short, picking these is next to impossible. When Kirk Herbstreit (one of the few guys who knows what he's talking about) picks this game I'll give it some credence.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes, let's pretend that Ohio State is going to waltz through the B1G every year. Should I remind anyone what Urban's record was the year after his 2006 national title? His QB won the Heisman by scoring 51 TDs.

And it sent him to the hospital. I'm neither a Buckeye nor Urban Meyer basher but let's not think we can stop the season right now. Yes, they looked very good in the playoff last year - but the bullseye on their backs just got bigger. Go back and look at how many teams looked all world and failed to repeat. 1989 Notre Dame was a better team than the 1988 national champions - but they didn't win it all. (Holtz himself said it was the best team he ever had). Nobody can project things like distractions, injuries, or the overall mounting pressure of game after game on college aged kids.

And Auburn? Rest assured that when they lose three games this year the natives will get restless. Auburn has a LONG and undistinguished history of following up awesome seasons with fans going ballistic shortly thereafter. Pat Dye was robbed of the 1983 national title and by 1986 folks were wanting to fire him. After he hit just a bit of a lull (3 straight SEC titles followed by a collapse and two-year crash), they couldn't wait to throw him overboard. Terry Bowden got fired six games after winning their first-ever SEC West title. Tuberville was eminently successful and after one mediocre year they tossed him overboard. Chizik got fired less than two calendar years from winning it all. (You'd think that would be grounds for keeping someone around a bit but not at Auburn).

Keep in mind I'm not one of the Bama fans who thinks Gus is a mediocrity who got lucky; I think he's a good OFFENSIVE coach and we will have to be on our game to beat them every year. But the rope is short in Lee County, and let's not start acting like he's the newest Steve Spurrier circa 1990s.

I have no idea right now - but just like when they pick us and we fall short, picking these is next to impossible. When Kirk Herbstreit (one of the few guys who knows what he's talking about) picks this game I'll give it some credence.
We have to disagree about tOSU. They might win the championship, but aside from the last two weeks of the season against the Michigans they have absolutely noone. Auburn will lose 3-4 games. Everyone is basing their season around the iron bowl being at jordan hare and bama's "question marks". but they fail to realize that Auburn has to travel to Baton Rouge (which they havent won there since 99), Fayettville, and College Station. Those arent easy road trips.

The thing that confuses me the most is why Auburn fans say Dye is better than Tubby. Most Auburn fans base success around beating bama, but tubberville brought gave them an undefeated season in 04and a 6 year streak against us. The only time he lost to us when he shouldnt was 01, but Dye put numerous sports teams on probabation and went 6-6 against us while losing 3 games he shouldnt to us 84,85,90. I also think Tubberville's 04 team would beat auburns 10 team, but not sure about their 83 team because I never saw it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I hope that Tim Brando hires him to be his sidekick on his radio show this fall.... At least Lou wont let Brando out talk him. Both will be talking all over each other.
hopefully brando doesn't have a drooling problem, or you may have to put on hip waders to listen

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I think tOSU will do well again. They essentially have the same team back and are built like a SEC team. tOSU has something in their favor, they play in a league where they can get away with only having to play one style all year and games are like practice since everyone else is not nearly as talented. No one in the SEC can do that. We have to play against the more physical LSU's and Arky's as well as the HUNH boog's and Ole Miss's. so it is way more difficult to get thru a season in the SEC unblemished.

Auburn will find a way to lose a few this year they aren't supposed to lose. They have always fared poorly when they are picked highly in the preseason. We have questions again at QB, but I believe we'll figure it out pretty quickly in fall camp. I think we will be a more physical team this year on the O-line and that will make all the difference. The front seven may be as good as any who have ever suited on here on defense.

Sorry, Just saw the Brando thing. Is he smoking crack again or what? He has never given us much credit. I think we'll be in the mix though and you never know. It kinda scares me that he is picking us to win.

Last edited:

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

Agreed. They have no consistency.
Since 2007 their records have been:
9-4
5-7
8-5
14-0
8-5
3-9
11-2
8-5

By contrast, ours:
7-6
12-2
14-0
10-3
12-1
13-1
11-2
12-2

This highlights the difference between our programs.
We care about winning titles.
They care about beating us, Georgia and winning a bowl game. They did none of those last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.