MSU to Provide Financial Literacy Classes w/ COA

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

In addition to covering full cost of attendance, MSU – like many other SEC schools – has already added more full time staff throughout the department, most of them in areas working directly with students.

MSU hired a full-time nutritionist for the first time last year, is adding another full-time athletic trainer this year, and for the first time ever is creating a position dedicated entirely to life skills coordination for student-athletes. The job, as Stricklin explained it, is intended to help students manage their time in college and prepare them for life after school, everything from putting together résumés and job applications to saving money and using time wisely.

In fact, MSU actually has plans to work with Dave Ramsey’s organization to provide fiscal education to student-athletes.

“We want to make sure that they understand the basics of finance,” Stricklin said. “Not that we’re going to tell them what to do with their money, but to make sure they understand how to open a checking account, set a budget and things of that nature.”​

Kudos, Clanga.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Great idea...some of these kids have never seen a couple of grand before and teaching them how to budget is critical.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
MSU just passed every educational institute in the country in my book. Teaching relevant life skills instead just of how to pass the ACT, predict chemical equations, and dissect a goat? Go MSU!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Every student should be required to take these type classes. To many grow up and can't balance a checking account. Point in fact, I worked with my frat as a volunteer a few years back, the kid that was treasurer who graduated with a 4 .0 in finance could not balance a checkbook. I had to teach them how to manage their budget and accounts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.