JUCO K Eddy Pineiro De-Commits from Alabama, Signs With Florida

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: ***2016 K Eddy Pineiro (JUCO) commits to Alabama***

I've heard many recruiting pundits predict over a month ago that Eddy would end up at UF. Eddy has reaffirmed his pledged, but we know things can change at the last minute. With Austin Hardin's troubles this year, wouldn't doubt he changes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I've heard many recruiting pundits predict over a month ago that Eddy would end up at UF. Eddy has reaffirmed his pledged, but we know things can change at the last minute. With Austin Hardin's troubles this year, wouldn't doubt he changes.
Griffith only has one more year at Alabama. If I were a kicker, I'd rather play for a coach like Saban who has proven that he will support his kickers through thick and thin.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

There was a premium article on BOL about Eddy's official to FLA. Anybody in the know?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** JUCO K Eddy Pineiro Commits to Alabama ***

I would say this in-home visit shows Alabama wants Eddy.

He got Saban, Cristobal and Bobby. Not often three Alabama coaches go to one player.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I would say this in-home visit shows Alabama wants Eddy.

He got Saban, Cristobal and Bobby. Not often three Alabama coaches go to one player.
Who would have ever thought we would send 3 coaches in to close a FG kicker. This guy can be special.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

77 yard field goals will get you some attention. Maybe he can crush kickoffs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

77 yard field goals will get you some attention. Maybe he can crush kickoffs too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Griffith can crush every kick off if he was allowed too..Coach Saban likes placement kicks & try to pin the opponent deep or cause a fumble with a big hit, I never have liked us doing placement kick, cause we've given up a few big runs..It's a pick your poison when it comes to placement kicks for sure..

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Griffith can crush every kick off if he was allowed too..Coach Saban likes placement kicks & try to pin the opponent deep or cause a fumble with a big hit, I never have liked us doing placement kick, cause we've given up a few big runs..It's a pick your poison when it comes to placement kicks for sure..
It seems as though we've gotten away from that this year. AG is kicking it into the end zone almost every time. I can't say I'm unhappy about that.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

It seems as though we've gotten away from that this year. AG is kicking it into the end zone almost every time. I can't say I'm unhappy about that.
AG is killing the ball right now. The noise you hear when he kicks tells you everything. With that said Eddie's leg is even stronger.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

AG is killing the ball right now. The noise you hear when he kicks tells you everything. With that said Eddie's leg is even stronger.
Griff is streaky (like a lot of kickers) which concerns me, because his last FG he missed and that last XP looked really bad as well-still made it. I hope that was his bad streak and it is over with. lol

But everyone is right, he has been killing the ball lately and you can hear it when he does........

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Eddy is expected to make a decision between Alabama and Florida tomorrow or Wednesday (first day he can sign). BOL source says thinking is Eddy sticks with Bama right now.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Eddy is expected to make a decision between Alabama and Florida tomorrow or Wednesday (first day he can sign). BOL source says thinking is Eddy sticks with Bama right now.
I feel he will stick with us and sign on Wed.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Re: JUCO K Eddy Pineiro Commits to Alabama (Decommitted on 12/14)

Smart kid, wait till dead period. I have always felt after seeing him with Coach Mac we would lose him. I also wonder how he will kick in college, makes 70 yard fgs videos, but does that translate to making them in game situations?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.