JUCO K Eddy Pineiro De-Commits from Alabama, Signs With Florida

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Re: ***2016 K Eddy Pineiro (JUCO) commits to Alabama***

Because special teams are not 1/3 of a game plan. It's a very small part even if they have a great return guy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I would rather see kickers practicing shorter kicks in game like situations where he has to get the ball up and over players. Still, he has awesome leg strength.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Personally, I`m not sure it wouldn`t be worth it to have a guy that would guarantee you no run backs on KO`s 99.9% of the time. Particularly if we can field a man eating D.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Wish he had been kicking for us in 2013....:cool2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Pretty amazing we have a 4 page thread on our FG commit and is a bigger thread than any of the other commits. You think we all know how bad we need a good FG kicker!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

AG can be a really good kicker if he can stay healthy. He will only be a JR this year....I remember when the little (bigger) Tiffin had struggles early on as well. But always need a good kicker and Bama has struggled with consistent kickers as of late. And it makes me scratch my head, how little sisters of the poor have these great kickers and Bama's turn out mediocre. Something in the water coach Williams is giving them or what, because I know he is not coaching them. Most kickers get coached up during off season anyway by outside sources.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

AG can be a really good kicker if he can stay healthy...
Think the general consensus is that he can be a quality kicker -- perhaps not as good as prep prognosticators thought he would be, but still a solid, reliable type -- but the lingering back problems are a real concern. Depending on his health, he may or may not be a legitimate contributor.

The fact that the staff gave out a scholarship to a JUCO kicker, though, shows that they at least had some serious pause about his prospects moving forward. Not only do you worry about the injury itself, but also the fact that it did not result from trauma, which makes you that much more concerned about the likelihood of a recurrence.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Think the general consensus is that he can be a quality kicker -- perhaps not as good as prep prognosticators thought he would be, but still a solid, reliable type -- but the lingering back problems are a real concern. Depending on his health, he may or may not be a legitimate contributor.

The fact that the staff gave out a scholarship to a JUCO kicker, though, shows that they at least had some serious pause about his prospects moving forward. Not only do you worry about the injury itself, but also the fact that it did not result from trauma, which makes you that much more concerned about the likelihood of a recurrence.
Amen, BET. A 20-year-old with a stress fracture in his spine. I've never heard of that in anyone, let alone an athlete of any description.

I still wonder if it might have roots in nutrition when he was an infant in Poland or maybe even before birth.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Once Bobby Williams "coaches him up" we will be lucky if he doesn't fall down on the way out to kick a field goal.

I sought out this thread after reading the latest on Adam Griffith [new thread in Football forum...]

Anyway, HILARIOUS post TN!!! :biggrin:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

This guy will have four years to play if he red shirts this year. He is the best kicker in this class. Saban knows how important this phase of the game is. Ag is injured a lot like others said. It's only logical to take a guy in this class that could be as special as Scott was to our punter situation. That's how good this guy is.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: 2016 (JUCO) PK commit - Eddie Pineiro (viral video)

Just wait till Bobby gets ahold of him. He'll be hooking extra points and kicking off to the 20 yard line.
We should really stop saying this even if you think it for obvious reasons. Recruits and their parents read these boards.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

We should really stop saying this even if you think it for obvious reasons. Recruits and their parents read these boards.
Absolutely correct. You would think it would be obvious.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Just wait till Bobby gets ahold of him. He'll be hooking extra points and kicking off to the 20 yard line.
Griffith was perfect against ULM..He was 4-4 on PAT's & 2-2 on FG's from 35yrs & 40yrds..The 40yrd FG looked like it would've been good from 50yrds+..

Last edited:

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

Griffith was perfect against ULM..He was 4-4 on PAT's & 2-2 on FG's from 35yrs & 40yrds..The 40yrd FG looked like it would've been good from 50yrds+..
We can only hope he has his mojo back. We will need it if we hope to win out

ledmonds22

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2010

Who have you coached Coach Jeff? Pee Wee or Jr. High?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.