Peach Bowl - Florida State vs. LSU
Fiesta Bowl - Notre Dame vs. Boise State
Rose Bowl - Michigan State vs. Stanford
Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs. Baylor

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just don't think Ohio State is going to repeat. It's a long season and so much has to go right. Not saying it can't happen, but with the extra game in the playoff, there are more opportunities for something to go wrong.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Phil Steele's predictions for CFP

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF

Championship Game
No. 1 Ohio State beats No. 2 TCU for the national championship

Semifinals
No. 1 Ohio State beats No. 4 USC in the Orange Bowl
No. 2 TCU defeated No. 3 Alabama in the Cotton Bowl

New Year's Six Bowl games

Peach Bowl - Florida State vs. LSU
Fiesta Bowl - Notre Dame vs. Boise State
Rose Bowl - Michigan State vs. Stanford
Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs. Baylor
Except the commitee will flip the semifinal locations since TCU is practically in Dallas, and tosu is closer to Dallas than Miami Number #1 seed determines location

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll take that final four appearence!!! Just getting there is an accomplishment and we don't lose very many times under those circumstances.

Our new order of precedence must be:

1. Stay in contention during regular season/SEC regular season.
2. Beat the Barn. A loss at this point of the season, most likely no matter our record, may hurt our playoff hopes.
3. Get to SECCG and win.
4. Get to playoff and let the chips fall where they may!

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just don't think Ohio State is going to repeat. It's a long season and so much has to go right. Not saying it can't happen, but with the extra game in the playoff, there are more opportunities for something to go wrong.
Win it all, or reach the playoffs? Winning it all will be difficult for them, but reaching the playoffs is almost certain with their schedule and the state of the BIG10 west.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
A repeat is rare...for sure. When you are full you aren't hungry.

Staing hungry when you've reached the top is more about attitude than talent. Then, even whe you are hungry, things happen. We'll see.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
LSU ? Wow I disagree with Phil there. I think LSU finishes 5th or worse in the West.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A repeat is rare...for sure. When you are full you aren't hungry.

Staing hungry when you've reached the top is more about attitude than talent. Then, even whe you are hungry, things happen. We'll see.
This is my greatest concern going into the season. We will have more talent on the field than any team that we face up to the playoffs, but last year demonstrated that even a hungry team can drop a game or two along the way. I have no idea what to expect from the Bucks next year, but I remain optimistic and hope for back to back championships.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Win it all, or reach the playoffs? Winning it all will be difficult for them, but reaching the playoffs is almost certain with their schedule and the state of the BIG10 west.
Win it all, as in "repeat."

But don't count out the rest of the Big Ten. Michigan will be improved under Harbaugh. Michigan State is always tough these days. I don't think it's a given that Ohio State will waltz through the conference again.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Win it all, as in "repeat."

But don't count out the rest of the Big Ten. Michigan will be improved under Harbaugh. Michigan State is always tough these days. I don't think it's a given that Ohio State will waltz through the conference again.
MSU is their biggest threat, but you have to almost like tOSU by 2 touchdowns for right now. I think people are in a Harbaugh craze right now, but I think it is going to take him a good 2-3 years to turn Michigan around. I will say Brady Hoke only was only blown out once against Meyer in their 3 year rivalry, but that was last year and this year's tOSU team is alot more experienced and Michigan is changing philosphys. I will say it is a safe bet to take tOSU reaching the playoffs, but it is a very difficult bet in predicting a national championship.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
IMO, OSU really lucked out with people not taking them seriously after the VaTech loss. I just don't think anyone ever thought OSU would even make the playoffs, let alone win the championship. As weird as this sounds, the injury to Barrett might have helped them more than they realize. No one had any idea how good Jones was, and I just don't think teams prepared properly for them. I don't see them repeating this year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If our Defense is as good as I think it's going to be.....as long as we get 17-20 most games, I really think we'll be in great shape.

This may be the best DL we've had since 92

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
I rank the b1g as 4th in conferences. tosu waltzes through and will only need their best game once in conference. I don't know their ooc schedule but probably not very tough or it would be drawing stories or at least mentions like UA against Wisconsin. Easy for me to see them in CFP as their darlingness easily gets them the votes.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I rank the b1g as 4th in conferences. tosu waltzes through and will only need their best game once in conference. I don't know their ooc schedule but probably not very tough or it would be drawing stories or at least mentions like UA against Wisconsin. Easy for me to see them in CFP as their darlingness easily gets them the votes.
tOSU plays OOC games at VT, and with Hawaii, Northern Illinois, and Western Michigan at home. The VT game is being mentioned because of the 2014 loss to them.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
This is my greatest concern going into the season. We will have more talent on the field than any team that we face up to the playoffs, but last year demonstrated that even a hungry team can drop a game or two along the way. I have no idea what to expect from the Bucks next year, but I remain optimistic and hope for back to back championships.
Idk about the whole season, but I think the Buckeyes will beat VT into oblivion this year...like one of the worst beatings the Hokies have ever absorbed.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
MSU is their biggest threat, but you have to almost like tOSU by 2 touchdowns for right now. I think people are in a Harbaugh craze right now, but I think it is going to take him a good 2-3 years to turn Michigan around. I will say Brady Hoke only was only blown out once against Meyer in their 3 year rivalry, but that was last year and this year's tOSU team is alot more experienced and Michigan is changing philosphys. I will say it is a safe bet to take tOSU reaching the playoffs, but it is a very difficult bet in predicting a national championship.
Michigan State will have one of the best QBs in the country this year. Not sure where the game will be played at, though.

I agree... OSU is in a class by itself in the Big Ten right now, but the rest of the conference is catching up, IMO.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Michigan State will have one of the best QBs in the country this year. Not sure where the game will be played at, though.

I agree... OSU is in a class by itself in the Big Ten right now, but the rest of the conference is catching up, IMO.
The game is in Columbus so I think tOSU would probably be a near two touchdown favorite against Conner cook and the fighting Dantonios. I dont see anyone really gaining on tOSU presently. Dantonio will beat them here and there but these next 3 years MSU will probably degress due to the recruiting wars with Michigan. I dont know if Michigan will be a serious threat for about 3 years because they have to break Dantonio's grip on the state before going after Urban. So that leaves PSU on that side of the conference... I cant see it with the mess they have had and I dont buy into Franklin being that kinda miracle worker just yet. He is good, but not elite. So on the otherside you basically have Whisky,Nebraska, and Minnesota. Whisky and Nebraska are breaking in new coaches, but Nebraska might be living in the stone age with Riley there. I like him because he is a bama boy but I cant see the upside of having a "meh" coach that is taking over a program that has to recruit like Tennessee to survive. I think Cryst will build Wisconsin back but it is going to take a heck of alot of time but I can see them winning their side of the division just because there is a lack of real competition. That leaves Minny, it is hard to judge them but them and Iowa are the dark horse teams in that division. It just has become Minny as of lately. I can see them reaching Indy this year but I give them the same chances that I gave Duke at beating FSU in the ACCCG 2 years ago at them winning against tOSU or MSU.

It is tOSU's conference to lose until a worthy competitior steps up. Its like USC under Pete Carroll but a slightly better overall conference.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree, MSU has gotten better under Dantonio, but Michigan has struggled the last 8-10 under Rodriguez and Hoke. If Harbaugh is as good as advertised MSU might drop a notch or two.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree, MSU has gotten better under Dantonio, but Michigan has struggled the last 8-10 under Rodriguez and Hoke. If Harbaugh is as good as advertised MSU might drop a notch or two.
I think if Harbaugh can 1) Keep the excitement factor 2) stay the course for 4-6 years 3) go head to head with every recruit MSU needs then in 3-4 years he will overtake MSU. The thing that bothers me is that Harbaugh underachieved if you look at the talent he had at Stanford. Shaw is more successful than he is with that talent. I think he is good but how good is the question. But Harbaugh must handle the MSU problem first and formost, but I dont see a Nick Saban instant turn around I say 3-4 years.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.