The attrition at running back continues: Desherrius Flowers is ineligible this fall..

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Re: The attrition at running back continues: Desherrius Flowers is ineligible thi...

You're joking right? Kamara just sat out a year at Tennessee so he could play this year and will be a feature player in Tennessee's offense this year. Why would he transfer back to bama, sit out another year, and then have to fight for PT? Makes no sense..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol woosh

mariettatider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 18, 2009
Re: The attrition at running back continues: Desherrius Flowers is ineligible thi...

You're joking right? Kamara just sat out a year at Tennessee so he could play this year and will be a feature player in Tennessee's offense this year. Why would he transfer back to bama, sit out another year, and then have to fight for PT? Makes no sense..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kamara went to JC last year.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O-zj9-ANRnw

The kid has breakaway speed (see the 1:15 mark) and knows how to hit the hole. I know its a highlight reel but the tape dont lie. The talent is there lets just hope he makes the most of it and continues his development.
Every kid that we sign has great highlight reels. I hope Harris comes in and becomes the next great UA RB but until he gets here and faces some real competition then we have no idea of how good he actually is. No doubt he has great potential but so did Kamara, Tenpenny, etc.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Every kid that we sign has great highlight reels. I hope Harris comes in and becomes the next great UA RB but until he gets here and faces some real competition then we have no idea of how good he actually is. No doubt he has great potential but so did Kamara, Tenpenny, etc.
And so did Ingram, Richardson, Lacy, Yeldon and Henry. I am going to look at it positively and say he follows in these guys footsteps and not in the ones who failed.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
IMO, he looks far better than Tenpenny or Kamara. Who knows how he will turn out, many factors play into it, but IMO he looks as good or better than any HS RB Bama signee in a while. Possibly the best of the Saban era, thus far. But how much does he want it ?

It's hard to know. I remember Danielson saying in '12 that Lacy and Yeldon were just a notch below Ingram and Richardson. IMO, Lacy and Yeldon are both better than both Mark and Trent. In fact, Yeldon is one of the most under appreciated players in Bama's recent history.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
IMO, he looks far better than Tenpenny or Kamara. Who knows how he will turn out, many factors play into it, but IMO he looks as good or better than any HS RB Bama signee in a while. Possibly the best of the Saban era, thus far. But how much does he want it ?

It's hard to know. I remember Danielson saying in '12 that Lacy and Yeldon were just a notch below Ingram and Richardson. IMO, Lacy and Yeldon are both better than both Mark and Trent. In fact, Yeldon is one of the most under appreciated players in Bama's recent history.
I totally agree with you about Lacy. The guy was a monster his last year, and is showing the same thing in the NFL, but I have to disagree about Yeldon. I never really felt he got to the level of the other three guys. I was always scared to death when he had the ball in short yardage that he would fumble. The guy could put the ball on the turf at the worst moments possible. I also felt he was a little timid hitting the LOS on short yardage situation. Sometimes the hole isn't there on 3rd and 1 and you have to make one. He was versatile and a threat to catch it out of the backfield and turn it into something big.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I totally agree with you about Lacy. The guy was a monster his last year, and is showing the same thing in the NFL, but I have to disagree about Yeldon. I never really felt he got to the level of the other three guys. I was always scared to death when he had the ball in short yardage that he would fumble. The guy could put the ball on the turf at the worst moments possible. I also felt he was a little timid hitting the LOS on short yardage situation. Sometimes the hole isn't there on 3rd and 1 and you have to make one. He was versatile and a threat to catch it out of the backfield and turn it into something big.
Agree on all fronts. Loved Yeldon's versatility. Never felt fully comfortable with him in the clutch.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
When it was all on the line, against SC in 09, Saban didn't hesitate to put the game in Mark's hands. For the entire drive. Mark, Trent, and Eddie bordered on forces of nature at times. Yeldon had some great moments, but never quite seemed to have the raw power of the previous three.

Harris looks like the real deal--I *really* like his balance and ability to change direction. We'll see how he does with SEC competition this fall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.