The attrition at running back continues: Desherrius Flowers is ineligible this fall..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Funny you mention Stevenson. Someone tweeted this screenshot earlier today.

Good observation. I think the deal breaker for Stevenson to come to Bama will be that Wisconsin doesn't want to release a player to the team they are playing in the first game of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Good observation. I think the deal breaker for Stevenson to come to Bama will be that Wisconsin doesn't want to release a player to the team they are playing in the first game of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This article from Wisconsin's SB Nation site doesn't indicate any restrictions on his release.

Bartow's report said Stevenson spoke with Chryst and running backs coach John Settle Thursday afternoon, at which point they informed Stevenson he had been denied admission. The 5'8, 210-pound running back will officially be released from Wisconsin on Friday, at which point he will able to sign with a new school since he is a NCAA qualifier.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Interest skyrocketing in Stevenson

Wisconsin denied the four-star running back admissions yesterday, as first-reported by 247Sports.com.

According to sources, schools interested in Stevenson once he's granted his release include Alabama, Miami, Nebraska, South Carolina, Maryland, Louisville, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, SMU, Oregon State, Pitt, Arkansas, Michigan and Oklahoma State.

Stevenson said he hopes to talk to all interested parties “over the next 24 hours.”

He said he ideally would like to make his college choice later this weekend and enroll early next week.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Going to talk to 15 schools over the weekend and make a decision by Monday? Boy, that's a lot of talking...
Got to remember these are probably all schools that recruited him 7 months ago. He already has a relationship with most coaches.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Anybody else curious as to why he was denied admission? Especially since he was academically eligible?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Is Flowers required to do more than one season at JuColl?

Is it possible for him to be on next seasons' (2016) team?

Thanks.
I think once you start JuCo you have to graduate to transfer/re-sign with a D1 school. Although it is technically possible to complete 2 years of school work in 1 year it is unusual so my guess is the earliest that Flowers will be eligible to sign will be for the 2017 season. I believe there was a player a few years ago that did finish in 1 year but I don't recall who that was nor who he signed with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.