Bevo U must need $: will sell beer and wine at FB games

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I never have understood why so many CFB fans can't go 3-4 hours without alcohol in order to enjoy the game itself. Isn't the game supposed to be the focal point? And don't you want to remember it? Or revel in it if your team won?

I'm no prude, I've drank my share, (and sometimes more than my share) but I'm a CFB fan first and I don't want to have to hear from others what a good time I had. Or what an embarrassment I made of myself. I want those magic moments of Tide football firmly embedded in my fading memory banks. I want to KNOW how hard Johnny Musso ran or how Joe Namath had the best arm ever, or how Lee Roy always seemed to there. I could go on and on right though the decades up to Amari's unbelievable season last year, but you get the idea.

Alabama should be your magic elixer, not that bottled and bonded stuff.

Besides, your kids will appreciate it too.
I agree TMac.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
They never would have had to stoop to this if Colt had not gotten hurt.
I dont know which of their biggest whiner stances are worse, the "If Colt Hant got hurt" or the one about the three way tie in 2008 between Texas-OU-and TTU. They actually think they wouldve beaten Florida in the state of Florida.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I dont know which of their biggest whiner stances are worse, the "If Colt Hant got hurt" or the one about the three way tie in 2008 between Texas-OU-and TTU. They actually think they wouldve beaten Florida in the state of Florida.
Well they DID beat USC in a what was essentially a USC home game, so I can't exactly fault them there.

But they're ASSUMING they would have beaten Missouri. It's not like they never choked in the Big 12 title game before (2001 Colorado, who they mauled in the regular season)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well they DID beat USC in a what was essentially a USC home game, so I can't exactly fault them there.

But they're ASSUMING they would have beaten Missouri. It's not like they never choked in the Big 12 title game before (2001 Colorado, who they mauled in the regular season)
Yeah, but who is to say Colt's shoulder wouldnt've suffered the same fate against Carlos Dunlap that it did with Marcel. I just think Texas wouldve gotten embarrassed, and I think Stoops had one of those Richt moments in losing to them that year. I beleive OU shouldve beat them and been undefeated going into the championship.

I think the Vince Young vs Reggie Bush game was a different scenario in which it was two unstoppable offenses going against each other with the winner being the last team with the ball with enough time compared to 08 BCSNCG in which it was two very balanced teams. Texas had a slight balance in 08 with Muschamp at DC, but I have my doubts that they couldve kept UF under 30 that night. OU played well but they couldnt score on UF.

Texas fans whine and act like they could take down Tebow just like they whine and say the game against us wouldve been worlds different had colt not got hurt. But against us they forget the drive Colt was in was due to a bad punt fake. They also dismiss that the 3rd quarter Bama played ultra conservative and allowed Gilbert a chance to hit a few blown coverage throws to Shipley. I think if anything the score would probably still be a few TDs better than theirs but mabe a few TDs less all together. The result most likely wouldve been the same.

Last edited:

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I never have understood why so many CFB fans can't go 3-4 hours without alcohol in order to enjoy the game itself. Isn't the game supposed to be the focal point? And don't you want to remember it? Or revel in it if your team won?

I'm no prude, I've drank my share, (and sometimes more than my share) but I'm a CFB fan first and I don't want to have to hear from others what a good time I had. Or what an embarrassment I made of myself. I want those magic moments of Tide football firmly embedded in my fading memory banks. I want to KNOW how hard Johnny Musso ran or how Joe Namath had the best arm ever, or how Lee Roy always seemed to there. I could go on and on right though the decades up to Amari's unbelievable season last year, but you get the idea.

Alabama should be your magic elixer, not that bottled and bonded stuff.

Besides, your kids will appreciate it too.
The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of fans dont love the game. they just love the games.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah, but who is to say Colt's shoulder wouldnt've suffered the same fate against Carlos Dunlap that it did with Marcel. I just think Texas wouldve gotten embarrassed, and I think Stoops had one of those Richt moments in losing to them that year.
I think Florida was the best team in football in 2008, and I think they would have beaten Texas. No, their fans don't so but oh well.

I beleive OU shouldve beat them and been undefeated going into the championship.
Texas trailed by 11 twice and came back to win.

Furthermore, Texas lost the FOURTH of four straight games against ranked teams ON THE ROAD on the FINAL PLAY of the game. OU was probably the better team but it's difficult for me to swallow that they were more deserving than Texas, esp since the Longhorns won the head-to-head match-up. Had it been the SEC, Texas would have been there.

I think the Vince Young vs Reggie Bush game was a different scenario in which it was two unstoppable offenses going against each other with the winner being the last team with the ball with enough time compared to 08 BCSNCG in which it was two very balanced teams. Texas had a slight balance in 08 with Muschamp at DC, but I have my doubts that they couldve kept UF under 30 that night. OU played well but they couldnt score on UF.
No real argument here.

Texas fans whine and act like they could take down Tebow just like they whine and say the game against us wouldve been worlds different had colt not got hurt. But against us they forget the drive Colt was in was due to a bad punt fake.
I'm not sure how any of this is even relevant. What does need to be remembered - and to me this is the decisive blow against the Longhorns - is that they had first and goal AT THE ONE and settled for a field goal. That cannot be chalked up to "Colt got hurt." Then they got the ball right back on the Julio Jones misplay of the kickoff and gained only five yards and settled for another field goal.

I also fail to see how Colt being hurt had anything to do with giving up TWO one hundred yard rushing games (Ingram and Richardson) or how it would have helped Malcolm Williams catch the ball he dropped that hit him right in the hands.

They also dismiss that the 3rd quarter Bama played ultra conservative and allowed Gilbert a chance to hit a few blown coverage throws to Shipley. I think if anything the score would probably still be a few TDs better than theirs but mabe a few TDs less all together. The result most likely wouldve been the same.
I've been saying the same thing for years. The worst thing that happened to us that game was the shovel pass pick for a TD by Dareus. It led our guys to think the game was over and we played too close to the vest the rest of the game.

Do I think Texas beats Florida? No, but who really knows?

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I enjoy drinking, beer, wine, my favorite is single malt good Kentucky Burbourn, like Wild Turkey Rare Breed 104.7
but
i don't even drink before or durning Alabama games because I want to enjoy the game.

The Bucs used alcohol to mask how bad the teams were & the activity in the stands make to to where I will Never go back.

I have not been to a lot of Bama games But the ones I did attend it was a Great experience.
everyone behaves & came there for the same reason we did, to enjoy the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.