Alexander Hamilton is getting kicked off the $10

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And then there's this headline:
Anti-Slavery Hamilton Gets Pushed Off The $10 Bill, While Genocidal Slaver Jackson Stays On The $20
To paraphrase a line in a Bill Murray movie: Thanks HuffPo, "You could have helped, but you did so much more."

There are many bumper sticker slogans I would use to characterize Alex Hamilton, but "antislavery" would not be one of them. "Founder of Crony Capitalism?" Maybe. "Closet royalist" Probably as well. Hater of the Constitution, that works as well, but "anti-slavery," not so much.
The problem is that with the exception of Washington,FDR,Kennedy, Lincoln,Madison,and Wilson what really does make since about who is on the Dollar Bills.

Hamilton $10-was the First Treasur, That I guess makes a little since but he is more known to being the brains of the federalists party and being shot by Burr

Jackson $ 20- was a hero of a battle that was fought two weeks after the war was over and was known for the trail of tears

Grant $50- was known more in a political arena for having the most scandals in office than any other president. He was an ok general I guess since he finished off Lee after Meade did all the work

Benjamin Franklin $100- was ok but really you couldve gone with Knox,Adams, or Hancock and it be just as good.

Mckinley $500- I personally think Teddy wouldve been better. He is best known for being the 3rd president assinated and second in Buffalo, but you have to think Garfield was more well known than he was

Grover $1k- He was the only president to be elected twice in non continuous terms so....

Salmon p Chase $10k- this is even more out there than all the others

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I would vote for Condi Rice, but it is going to be someone who is deceased, I'm sure. So I'll go with Marilyn Monroe.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
He'd look better on a $3 bill.
There was a bank in Houston, which was marketing itself to Houston's gay community (this was in the early 1980s).
They would give visitors to the bank a $3 bill, and would allow those choosing to open an account to use it for a deposit into their account. Clever marketing, if you ask me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
d.

Mckinley $500- I personally think Teddy wouldve been better. He is best known for being the 3rd president assinated and second in Buffalo, but you have to think Garfield was more well known than he was
Garfield, who was shot FOUR MONTHS into his term and died after six months as President (the second shortest tenure of anyone), is better known than McKinley, who was in his second term and freed Cuba?

Really?

SMH......

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Garfield, who was shot FOUR MONTHS into his term and died after six months as President (the second shortest tenure of anyone), is better known than McKinley, who was in his second term and freed Cuba?

Really?

SMH......
Teddy is more known for Cuba than McKinley since he secretly started and finished it. What does McKinley really have after that. Garfield is better known because of the civil war history and the fact that he was the first president to attempt reform of the cabinet. He was consequently shot because his assassin paid money into his campaign and Garfield didn't give him a govt position because he wasn't professionally qualified. That was Garfield's main aim was to have people who were qualified for distinct positions. All presidents before him had friends or boosters in those positions.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I really dont care much who is on it just as long as we get the debt under control so that they still have some value, but I digress.
You and I agree. It is not like Moses walked down Mount Sinai with stone tablets saying, "Yea, verily, the $1 bill will feature a portrait of Washington and the $5 will feature Lincoln," etc.
If we have a great American woman whose face can grace the $20, so be it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.