LSU starting qb arrested

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Trey Lealaimatafao, one of the four players arrested, was dismissed by Miles today. Link

“Trey is no longer a member of our football team,” Miles said. “We have gathered information on this incident and we feel it’s best for us to part ways.”

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

DA: Case against LSU's Jennings, two others could be dropped soon

A Baton Rouge, La. district attorney says charges are likely to be dropped against LSU junior quarterback Anthony Jennings and two teammates after an on-campus apartment break-in last month.

The victim, an LSU student, in the case asked East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III that the charges be dropped.

Moore says he wants to review transcripts of what the student told police, despite the request to have the charges dropped. The case will likely be resolved “fairly soon,” Moore said.

"I want to be able to explain it properly, to say, 'This is what I found out,' and put it to rest," Moore said.
Just completely shocked the LSU student wants the charges dropped.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Given the above, it's obvious now that the charges will be dismissed and the players will be reinstated, Jennings included.

FWIW, I don't think Jennings' return makes any real difference for LSU at the end of the day. He has really shown nothing in his first two years to indicate he can be a viable QB in the SEC, and his only real path to playing time is if Brandon Harris flops. And if Harris flops, well, they will probably get near the same bottom-of-the-barrel caliber QB play with QB #3 (McMillan) that they would otherwise have gotten with Jennings, so the impact of Jennings' presence (or absence) is pretty minimal in my book.

Basic idea in my mind is that LSU will go up or down with Harris. They can win a lot of games with average-level QB play -- Fournette will be a star, great skill talent outside, solid OL, decent defense, and strong kicking game -- but with subpar QB play again this team is looking at minimum of three loses, and perhaps more. If Harris can't play to that level, it's going to be a relatively long year in Baton Rouge. You just can't have a proverbial albatross at the game's most important position and still win big without having an absolute beast of a roster everywhere else, and I just don't see how this LSU squad having the other 40-45 contributors throughout the rest of the roster to make that happen. The remainder of this roster is just not at the level that it was in 2011 and 2012.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
"Trey is no longer a member of our football team,” Miles said. “We have gathered information on this incident and we feel it’s best for us to part ways.”
I haven't read the particulars of what they did or didn't do...I just wanted to point out only Miles would "gather" information. :biggrin:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Given the above, it's obvious now that the charges will be dismissed and the players will be reinstated, Jennings included.

FWIW, I don't think Jennings' return makes any real difference for LSU at the end of the day. He has really shown nothing in his first two years to indicate he can be a viable QB in the SEC, and his only real path to playing time is if Brandon Harris flops. And if Harris flops, well, they will probably get near the same bottom-of-the-barrel caliber QB play with QB #3 (McMillan) that they would otherwise have gotten with Jennings, so the impact of Jennings' presence (or absence) is pretty minimal in my book.

Basic idea in my mind is that LSU will go up or down with Harris. They can win a lot of games with average-level QB play -- Fournette will be a star, great skill talent outside, solid OL, decent defense, and strong kicking game -- but with subpar QB play again this team is looking at minimum of three loses, and perhaps more. If Harris can't play to that level, it's going to be a relatively long year in Baton Rouge. You just can't have a proverbial albatross at the game's most important position and still win big without having an absolute beast of a roster everywhere else, and I just don't see how this LSU squad having the other 40-45 contributors throughout the rest of the roster to make that happen. The remainder of this roster is just not at the level that it was in 2011 and 2012.
Agree, they would be better off with Fournette in the wild tiger formation.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
LSU is a huge enigma to me. In my opinion, they could either finish last in the SEC West or #1 in the country at years end. (I'm quoting Greg McElroy there) but I share his opinion.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

District Attorney: No charges will be filed against LSU’s Anthony Jennings, Dwayne Thomas and Maquedius Bain

No charges will be filed against the three LSU football players, including quarterback Anthony Jennings, who were arrested in June for unauthorized entry into an inhabited dwelling, East Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore announced Friday afternoon.

The players — Jennings, defensive back Dwayne Thomas and defensive lineman Maquedius Bain — are expected to have their six-week-long suspensions lifted from the football team. Team spokesman Michael Bonnette did not immediately return a message for comment.

The news doesn’t come as a surprise. Coach Les Miles has suggested over the past three weeks during various media appearances that the players would have a “positive” resolution to their June 18 arrests. Moore said Wednesday that the case against them would likely be dropped.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.