150 blacks killed by blacks so far in Chicago this year, nothing from the President..

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Nice utopia you're thinking of there, but it doesn't work in the real world. Look at Connecticut - compliance would certainly be worse in the south and midwest.

The reality is any proposed laws need to factor in compliance - make all the laws you want, but most gun owners will NOT comply with registration.

So, next?
What would be the purpose of registration for currently owned guns?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
If you like your second amendment, you can keep it.
For all practical purposes, the 2nd amendment is the prime guarantor of the 1st amendment. When you lose the 2nd, you can kiss the 1st goodbye as well. If you have no way to defend yourself, and you are persecuted for speaking your mind, what is left?
There are certainly some here who place no value on personal freedoms. But for many, those are what's most worth protecting.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
The reality is any proposed laws need to factor in compliance - make all the laws you want, but most gun owners will NOT comply with registration.

So, next?
Like I said in the other thread, anyone who thinks the answer is gun control in a country with 300 million guns out there is a fool. Pandora's box is open. We have to live with the fact anyone that wants a gun can get a gun. While what happened in SC is a horrible event, it drives me nuts how all the gun control people come out of the woodwork with their knee jerk reactions. You'd save far more lives if you eliminated the black market for drugs, fixed the mental health system, and actually rehabilitate people in our jails.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Like I said in the other thread, anyone who thinks the answer is gun control in a country with 300 million guns out there is a fool. Pandora's box is open. We have to live with the fact anyone that wants a gun can get a gun. While what happened in SC is a horrible event, it drives me nuts how all the gun control people come out of the woodwork with their knee jerk reactions. You'd save far more lives if you eliminated the black market for drugs, fixed the mental health system, and actually rehabilitate people in our jails.
Don't forget, we need to eliminate FoxNews, the prime culprit for everything bad in our society?

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Ya'll act as though you are afraid to die! ;) You can't stop death with a law or any other form of intervention, people die no matter what. Gun control won't work, crazy people will find another way to kill if that is their intent. Personally I like my chances against them by owning guns than otherwise, especially if I see them coming first. If not I will die, no big deal! We all got a time and place to die and maybe that will be my time and place who knows?

Don't most of you believe and have faith in Jesus?? I personally don't but I still am not afraid to die, nothing I can do about it. Mass shootings, killings, wars, accidents have happened ever since our history began to be recorded. What ever is wrong with the human race I do not believe will ever be fixed by man. Certainly will take a higher power to fix humans for sure, so believing in Jesus or whatever god you wish is better than believing laws and governments can fix it. Personally I am hoping our alien creator gods who I believe put us here in the first place will one day take over and create a better more peaceful man.

Now don't get me wrong! These discussions are very entertaining and I enjoy them as you all do! Most people today love to get riled, fuss, argue, it's entertaining, pointless as it may be. If I have to shoot and kill a man defending myself, family, friends or just anyone from a deranged maniac, I will, it will be his time to die!! I see nothing wrong with toting a gun to church, heck I think everyone should carry, well except the crazies! The ole give me liberty or give me death works fine for me!! ;)

Have a nice day and Roll Tide Roll!!!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I reject the premise and wish others would as well. Dr. Carson brought it up and he is dead on. It's evil pure and simple. I'm just tired of this fallacy that there is always something or someone to blame for Everything. It's truly a mindset that is getting stale and making everything like this political is sick. It really is sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Just getting to a point where I can catch up on non-sports.

Nothing seems to have changed :)

I did hear a very good point this weekend. Not an exact quote, but close:

If a Muslim did something heinous we expect the Muslim community to express outrage, condemn it, and do what they can to stop it. When there are black on black problems in the black community we expect the leaders in the black community to express outrage, condemn it, and do what they can to stop it. This should be the case when a person of any ilk does something heinous and I expect that to be the case here (speaking of the Charleston incident). Too often we all try to find a reason or an excuse for an action instead of condemning it when the action is committed by someone that too closely resembles ourselves all while expecting others to do the opposite.

I thought this was very well said.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You gotta love a President who thinks there's no way we can deport the 12 million people here illegally but CAN control 300 million firearms.

No wonder he's running a mammoth deficit (of both funds and thoughts)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.