Alabama and FSU to open 2017 season in Atlanta

We opened against Western Carolina in 2007. FSU was our 5th game of the year.
Exactly! We were an average at best team that year. I cannot stand FSU, almost as much as Florida State. Us losing to them that year hurt. I hope we are on a string of national titles and they are just another team that we beat down on the way to another!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Actually Bama was pretty good until the LSU game. Saban's soft spot for LSU was still there in 2007 and no one will ever convince me that he didn't lose the team during and after that game.

Look at the game before and the game after LSU. Beat a 10-4 ut team 41-17 before and then lost to an 8-5 MSU team 12-17 after. And then look at the game after MSU. :rolleyes:

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Huge machup. I love starting the year with a quality opponent. Big recruiting area and against a big recruiting rival, the winner of this game will be in a great position.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Actually Bama was pretty good until the LSU game. Saban's soft spot for LSU was still there in 2007 and no one will ever convince me that he didn't lose the team during and after that game.

Look at the game before and the game after LSU. Beat a 10-4 ut team 41-17 before and then lost to an 8-5 MSU team 12-17 after. And then look at the game after MSU. :rolleyes:
2007 was more saban than anything. To be honest CNS won us 3 key games. The Arkansas game he decided to kick a late fg when it everyone else wanted to go for it 4th and long, the ole miss game he forced the refs to look at a crucial call that ultimately determined the game, and Tennessee he decided to go über aggressive instead of playing a conservative back and forth game with a more talented vols team. The fact we won 7 games that year is an accomplishment in itself. We had way more egos and a lot less talent that year than about any other in recent history. To be frank I think mustin might be the least talented linebacker to start for CNS these past 9 years but he is one of my favorites just because he didn't have an ego on a team full of them and he just wanted to play football. Him, javy,and rolando were probably the best players on that team. IMO

As far as the lsu game. That game goes to show you miles isn't all there at coaching. Hester was blasting us all first quarter but all of the sudden miles tries to let Flynn throw it. That is the point it became an even game. I still think had he stuck with Hester in that game and the uk game they would've dominated both, but on the flip side the refs had some shady calls against us. After the lsu game you saw a team that was controlled by players.

Last edited:

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I have a different view. IMO, that was one of the greatest coaching jobs against all odds I've ever seen from a Bama team, including Coach Bryant's years. Bama didn't have 3 players who could start for that phenomenally talented NC LSU team. And Bama came within a 4th and 4 stop with 2 or 3 min left of winning that game and the Western Division representation. And Bama dominated MSU the next week until the 14 point swing on the last play of the 1st half. That's when Bama fell apart. Until that point, that was one of the great coaching jobs in Bama history. Bama was playing with 3 walk-ons starting on defense - in the SEC!!! Vandy has probably never done that.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
To be frank I think mustin might be the least talented linebacker to start for CNS these past 9 years but he is one of my favorites just because he didn't have an ego on a team full of them and he just wanted to play football.
Wow. Haven't thought about him in a while. Watching that 2007 team was frustrating and disappointing in a lot of ways, but it wasn't because of Darren Mustin. Looks like he's an assistant S&C coach with Army.
http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/darren_mustin_894420.html

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I kinda hate Alabama playing them at all, that program is scum at this point.

Having said that, I hope Alabama demolishes them.

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
I have been to all of the games in Atlanta and really enjoy them since I used to live there. But I may skip this one. Went to '07 game in Jax and will never forget the rudeness, gratuitous profanity, and yes, even violence, among many FSU fans, including women and children. Altogether unpleasant experience. Worst group of fans ever, and I have seen many.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw this game just got added to our 2017 schedule also. Not sure how good Fresno was last year but they used to be a relatively tough team when they had David Carr a few years ago. 2017 OOC schedule is shaping up to be pretty good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I have been to all of the games in Atlanta and really enjoy them since I used to live there. But I may skip this one. Went to '07 game in Jax and will never forget the rudeness, gratuitous profanity, and yes, even violence, among many FSU fans, including women and children. Altogether unpleasant experience. Worst group of fans ever, and I have seen many.
I wouldn't group all of them this way, but they were by far the trashiest fans I've ever seen at a game. UGA in 2007 is a close second.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well when you hear horror stories about Florida and Miami fans you would most likely have to think fsu is no different. Florida under Meyer and spurrier were the worst I've been around. But I have met good uf fans outside of gameday.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.