Link: Alabama has exclusive rights to Cowboys Classic in 2019 or 2020

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
the comments section is hilarious.
I wish I didn't go back and read them because it's the same we better than you because our side won the civil war, academics, or bama scared comments you see on espn discussion boards. Seriously if anyone think the university of Nebraska in Lincoln is better than tuscaloosa then they either drunk on corn alcohol or they never have been to Lincoln Nebraska or Tuscaloosa. After living in Nebraska for 6 years i say I would prefer bham and all of it's politics over living one day in Lincoln. Now Omaha is different

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What exactly does "having exclusive rights" to the cowboy classic mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Basically means that we will have priority in scheduling. We are required contractually to play there at least one of the 2 years, but in doing so we are guaranteed a million dollars more than our opponent no matter who we elect to play.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wish I didn't go back and read them because it's the same we better than you because our side won the civil war, academics, or bama scared comments you see on espn discussion boards. Seriously if anyone think the university of Nebraska in Lincoln is better than tuscaloosa then they either drunk on corn alcohol or they never have been to Lincoln Nebraska or Tuscaloosa. After living in Nebraska for 6 years i say I would prefer bham and all of it's politics over living one day in Lincoln. Now Omaha is different

Mitch Gaspard just called and asked what this Omaha place is you mentioned. Said he had never been there or even heard of it.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Mitch Gaspard just called and asked what this Omaha place is you mentioned. Said he had never been there or even heard of it.
Unfortunately as long as Asspard and his clown staff remain, the ony way any of our kids go to Omaha is if they buy a ticket to sit in the stands.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

That we have to negotiate in good faith with ESPN until 8/31/2015 to find an opponent for 2019 or 2020. I'd love for it to be ND or Nebraska. (No to Texas or OU only b/c the 40K tickets that go to the PSL holders, sponsors etc will mostly likely be 90% in ther hands. Don't want to play a neutral site game where the fans are split 70/30.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
That we have to negotiate in good faith with ESPN until 8/31/2015 to find an opponent for 2019 or 2020. I'd love for it to be ND or Nebraska. (No to Texas or OU only b/c the 40K tickets that go to the PSL holders, sponsors etc will mostly likely be 90% in ther hands. Don't want to play a neutral site game where the fans are split 70/30.
I doubt ND or texas would accept those terms anyway. They both think they're the top dog.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I doubt ND or texas would accept those terms anyway. They both think they're the top dog.
True! I think Nebraska would be a logical opponent. I could even see Oregon accepting those terms. Especially seeing Phil Knight could write a check to make up the difference for Oregon.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
True! I think Nebraska would be a logical opponent. I could even see Oregon accepting those terms. Especially seeing Phil Knight could write a check to make up the difference for Oregon.
I'd love either of those games. Nebraska because of our history and Oregon for the difference in, well everything.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
If I am reading this correctly, Bama would be considered as having the TV rights. If so the Big 12 TV contract would not allow a Big 12 team to be the opponent. Doubt if any of them would be considered anyway.

ND does not play neutral site games. They have the 'Shamrock Series'. Which is why I know about the Big 12 TV contract. Notre Dame learned that the hard way at the outset of their 'Shamrock Series'. As you may know those are nothing more than off site home games whereby ND controls all of the tickets and NBC has the TV rights. They booked the Alamodome in San Antonio in 2009 thinking they could go in there and schedule Texas or aTm or any one of the Big 12 teams. Wound up playing Washington State.

They made the same mistake at the same time in SEC territory. They booked the Citrus Bowl in Orlando for 2010 and 2011 thinking they could come in there and play Bama and/or Florida. They booked the Superdome in New Orleans in 2012 thinking they could play Bama or LSU. SEC TV contract would not allow that to happen in either case.

They got out of the Orlando booking because the Citrus Bowl did not make all of the stadium upgrades required in their contract. They had Baylor scheduled in New Orleans for 2012 but I suppose they bought out of both contracts (game and stadium) because they played Miami in Chicago that year.

Correction: The 2011 booking was in Arlington. ND had Arizona State scheduled for that one but as in 2012 they must have bought out of both contracts because they played Maryland in Landover. Which means the ACC TV contract has no such restrictions and proves what ND intended to do in the other locations. Might be why they aligned themselves with the ACC.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.