Wal Mart to Stop Selling Confederate Flag Merchandise

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Well when we put Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WWII it was done under 50 stars. To be quiet honest you could find reasons to say any symbol or flag has a dark history of racism or discrimination. I dont agree with the CSA battle flag flying at federal institutions but I think some are going a little too far in trying to dictate the sells and use of it. Like I said before, why are people ok with the Bonnie Blue flag when that was the first flag of the CSA that was the one decided by rich politicians in the South whom many owned slaves?
No, not 50 stars during World War II...48 I believe.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It's interesting that Amazon also sells Hamas flags. Isn't Hamas designated as a terrorist organization?

And of course, Muslims should be greatly aggrieved that Amazon sells Israeli flags.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Well when we put Japanese Americans in concentration camps during WWII it was done under 50 stars. To be quiet honest you could find reasons to say any symbol or flag has a dark history of racism or discrimination. I dont agree with the CSA battle flag flying at federal institutions but I think some are going a little too far in trying to dictate the sells and use of it. Like I said before, why are people ok with the Bonnie Blue flag when that was the first flag of the CSA that was the one decided by rich politicians in the South whom many owned slaves?
The huge difference is that the deplorable acts directed against the Indians and Japanese were done by a country that acknowledges those huge mistakes and still exists but the confederate flag is still celebrated by some for a country that was formed for other deplorable acts and no longer exists.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So Unionists were like Captain Wilkins in The Patriot who refused to join the "rebels" against King George and burned the church down with secessionists in it. Got it.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So Unionists were like Captain Wilkins in The Patriot who refused to join the "rebels" against King George and burned the church down with secessionists in it. Got it.
Maybe you do. I don't. Ever heard of Andersonville?
The Dead Line...

Seriously its easy to judge the actions and decisions of others that lived 100s of years ago since we know how history plays out, but the decisions on Torie or Patriot, North or South, and even to some degree Axis or Allies pre Pearl Harbor werent as clear at the time as now. Dont beleive me then take into account that there were several instances in which the US refused Jewish refugees fleeing from Germany and also there were many big Buisnesses like Ford that supplied the Nazis with no questions asked. And FWIW the Southern States were actually more loyal to the crown than the North. If not for some benefits given towards Virginia then the continential congress probably wouldve been to slow. Washington's military history was full of demoralizing defeats during the French and Indian War, but he got the job over Arnold,Lee, and Gates. Washington's military record was 3-8, but he more or less got the job because he was from Virginia.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The Dead Line...

Seriously its easy to judge the actions and decisions of others that lived 100s of years ago since we know how history plays out, but the decisions on Torie or Patriot, North or South, and even to some degree Axis or Allies pre Pearl Harbor werent as clear at the time as now. Dont beleive me then take into account that there were several instances in which the US refused Jewish refugees fleeing from Germany and also there were many big Buisnesses like Ford that supplied the Nazis with no questions asked. And FWIW the Southern States were actually more loyal to the crown than the North. If not for some benefits given towards Virginia then the continential congress probably wouldve been to slow. Washington's military history was full of demoralizing defeats during the French and Indian War, but he got the job over Arnold,Lee, and Gates. Washington's military record was 3-8, but he more or less got the job because he was from Virginia.
No, I just resent the hell out of trying equate southern Unionists (probably the majority in Alabama at the beginning of the war, and certainly in north Alabama) with Tories. Having two GGFs fighting in the Union army and one a member of the Union League - losing all his property because of it, I take any such insinuation as personal, very personal. And it won't continue. Atrocities occurred on both sides, surprisingly few, considering the internecine nature of the war. I couldn't care less for who was loyal to the crown during the RW, except for the fallout it had for my Cherokee ancestors...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.