RollTide.com Basketball - Kobie Eubanks Signs to Continue Basketball Career at Alabama

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From RollTide.com:
June 22nd, 2015 06:32 PM

Kobie Eubanks, a 6-5, 215-pound shooting guard, has signed to continue his playing career at The University of Alabama, men's basketball head coach Avery Johnson announced on Monday evening. Eubanks will join the team prior to the 2015-16 season and will have four years of eligibility remaining.

...READ MORE HERE...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I don't have a link to confirm but read this morning on another forum that Kobie Eubanks enrollment has been delayed until August. Hopefully there is anything to worry about but given his past history with academic issues until he is officially in school AND cleared by the NCAA (Desherrious Flowers & Alfy Hill says hello) then I will be excited.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
When he did not report to campus in July I had a gut feeling this would happen given his past academic issues. :-( I wonder if there are any Juco guys we could sign just to have another warm body to practice against and give us 5 fouls when needed?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Big blow to the basketball team for the upcoming year. He's was going to be a major contributor. Not so optimistic about the upcoming year now :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It is always better to have more players, but I think we'll be OK regardless. I am not sure we were going to great this year anyway. We have talent, but it is young talent.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
It is always better to have more players, but I think we'll be OK regardless. I am not sure we were going to great this year anyway. We have talent, but it is young talent.
I'm not as worried about what Eubanks provided offensively, as I am the depth it helped with. With only ten scholarship players eligible to play, we can't go very deep into our bench if need be.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
^^ What he said.

Our team is not particularly gifted with height, either. Having another person with a little length who is a shooter - as opposed to scorer - would have been reeeeally good.

Oh well, didn't expect our basketball problems to be fixed in one season anyway.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We should not have a huge expectations this year. I think we'll be good, but certainly not great. At least not yet. Give him 3 years to recruit and get his kids into school.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.