Blog: Latest Bama News 6/23/2015

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I understand the technical reason for no raise, but additional compensation is due for his work. Lane Kiffin proved himself capable of producing an outstanding Offense. Coach Kiffin took a QB who underwhelmed at Spring Practice, and made him into a winner. Lane also did the things we asked him to do, like keeping his mouth shut, and allowing Coach Saban to be the voice of our program. Regardless of money owed to Lane by USC, we kind of slighted him in return for a job well done.
I knew that Coach Kiffin wasn't a long term project, but I thought we would take better care of him than we did.

I was one of the doubters when we hired Lane Kiffin. I'm proud to say I was wrong.
When Coach Kiffen eventually moves on I hope he remembers that Coach Saban saw something in him, gave him a chance, and rehabilitated his image. I'd just as soon he didn't dwell on the fact that the University gave everybody a raise but him.
I know lots of people disagree with me, but thats OK.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I understand the technical reason for no raise, but additional compensation is due for his work. Lane Kiffin proved himself capable of producing an outstanding Offense. Coach Kiffin took a QB who underwhelmed at Spring Practice, and made him into a winner. Lane also did the things we asked him to do, like keeping his mouth shut, and allowing Coach Saban to be the voice of our program. Regardless of money owed to Lane by USC, we kind of slighted him in return for a job well done.
I knew that Coach Kiffin wasn't a long term project, but I thought we would take better care of him than we did.

I was one of the doubters when we hired Lane Kiffin. I'm proud to say I was wrong.
When Coach Kiffen eventually moves on I hope he remembers that Coach Saban saw something in him, gave him a chance, and rehabilitated his image. I'd just as soon he didn't dwell on the fact that the University gave everybody a raise but him.
What good does Alabama giving Kiffin more money do? That would cause USC to give him less. He wouldn't be getting a raise. Willing to bet Lane understands that and didn't expect any pay increase from Alabama.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

I think we can be assured that Bama and Kiffin have a complete understanding and agreement regarding his salary. There is no way that he was slighted or that he misunderstands. Please give Coach Saban some credit, if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, he does.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.