Link: Stewart Mandel: Why We All Might be Underrating Alabama and Nick Saban

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
With all the talk about focus and commitment, we tend to forget just how difficult it is to win a championship. Many of those teams whose intangibles we hold on high were lucky to have a shot, including the 2009 team that could easily have lost two games and maybe three. '11 and '12 were extraordinarily lucky to get the chance. It proves again what a remarkable accomplishment the run of titles and near misses has been. A lot of talented teams like to think they're going to "impose their wills," makes their a---s quit," and win in the fourth quarter. In every game, only one of them can.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
With all the talk about focus and commitment, we tend to forget just how difficult it is to win a championship. Many of those teams whose intangibles we hold on high were lucky to have a shot, including the 2009 team that could easily have lost two games and maybe three. '11 and '12 were extraordinarily lucky to get the chance. It proves again what a remarkable accomplishment the run of titles and near misses has been. A lot of talented teams like to think they're going to "impose their wills," makes their a---s quit," and win in the fourth quarter. In every game, only one of them can.
I understand what you are saying, but in the words of Lee Travino, Gary Player and Arnold Palmer, "The more I practice, the luckier I get."

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I understand what you are saying, but in the words of Lee Travino, Gary Player and Arnold Palmer, "The more I practice, the luckier I get."
Like that. But as their extraordinary careers repeatedly showed, sometimes the other guy is just better or luckier.

Last edited:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I disagree that your talent has been consistent since Saban arrived. Perhaps across the board, but not in the trenches. But this season looks like it might have you back on top in that most critical area.
I agree. But then again we simply can't expect a "Barrett Jones at Center" kinda o-line every year. That line was arguably CFB's all time best and the foundation of that championship.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I agree. But then again we simply can't expect a "Barrett Jones at Center" kinda o-line every year. That line was arguably CFB's all time best and the foundation of that championship.
Agreed. The 2012 Oline as well as the 2011 defense were both possibly the best of all time. We should consider both as the goal but not sure we can expect it to be the standard. With that being said, I feel we will be much more physical and dominant on both lines this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.