2016 OT Greg Little Updates (De-Commits from Texas A&M)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
During the LSU game, didn't one of the announcers talk about how many O linemen Bama has had drafted in the last 9 or so years? Wonder how that would compare w/Ole Miss?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Not worth watching. Unless he's pulling the ultimate troll job, he's Ole Miss bound.

This one stinks....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just saw Scout's Yancy Ponder tweet Hugh Freeze is at Allen High School this morning and will watch Greg play tonight. That tells me all I need to know.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Just saw Scout's Yancy Ponder tweet Hugh Freeze is at Allen High School this morning and will watch Greg play tonight. That tells me all I need to know.
I saw that a couple of hours ago. Hardy also has an official set for Ole Miss in January (may have been mentioned ). Couple that with his decommitment coming right after an unofficial to the grove...

That ship has sailed.

Maybe he was just sold on being the starter as a freshman with Tunsil leaving, but that's hard to believe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From Bleacher Report's Damon Sayles:

@DamonSayles 5-star OT Greg Little postponing decision until further notice (family decision). Focusing on Allen HS quest for 4-peat. Decision date TBD

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Supposedly Freeze is using his in home visit tonight after the game. I know several on Allen football staff, if they get Little, his parents were taken care of....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
From Bleacher Report's Damon Sayles:

@DamonSayles 5-star OT Greg Little postponing decision until further notice (family decision). Focusing on Allen HS quest for 4-peat. Decision date TBD
Very odd. He didn't set his announcement date until earlier this week. They were in the playoff hunt when that was announced. What changed in the last few days to change anything?

Anytime that Ole Miss is involved, I suspect the worst. I know that Alabama has to compete with Ole Miss for recruits, but if they are as dirty as they appear, I wouldn't want to touch any of their high level recruits. They all have to be tainted in some way.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I can't figure out if the delay is good or bad for us. I and others thought he was going to commit to OM today but I did not know Freeze was going to be there and it makes me wonder if he was going to commit to us. Maybe his family is re-negotiating the terms of the payment with Freeze and OM. He really does need to think about whether or not Freeze will be there all 3 yrs. While Freeze has beat us the last 2 yrs his other losses make you scratch your head. He may end up with 5 losses this year.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
Very odd. He didn't set his announcement date until earlier this week. They were in the playoff hunt when that was announced. What changed in the last few days to change anything?

Anytime that Ole Miss is involved, I suspect the worst. I know that Alabama has to compete with Ole Miss for recruits, but if they are as dirty as they appear, I wouldn't want to touch any of their high level recruits. They all have to be tainted in some way.
Who knows what might have caused the delay. In Georgia, we have had several prominent and favored politicians suddenly withdraw from races for "family" reasons. It makes you wonder if someone in Oxford was presented with something "family-related" and the young man and his family were asked to delay the announcement as a result.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Just saw Scout's Yancy Ponder tweet Hugh Freeze is at Allen High School this morning and will watch Greg play tonight...
The takeaway is that Mr. Free$e can "afford" to be out in Tejas on a Friday night because this is yet another year when the Rebel Black Marketeers under his $teering and with all those $tarry and $educed recruits are playing for nothing more at this late date than a winning season...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The takeaway is that Mr. Free$e can "afford" to be out in Tejas on a Friday night because this is yet another year when the Rebel Black Marketeers under his $teering and with all those $tarry and $educed recruits are playing for nothing more at this late date than a winning season...
Or it could be because Ole Miss doesn't have a game this week and coaches tend to visit recruits during a bye week.

Whichever explanation you want to use.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Or it could be because Ole Miss doesn't have a game this week and coaches tend to visit recruits during a bye week.

Whichever explanation you want to use.
Yeah, which all pointed to his being in town as a "victory over Alabama" tour. However, him delaying can't be bad news for Bama, although I still think he goes to OM.

That said, we have two great tackles in this class already, one of which should be game ready when he walks on to campus.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.