2016 OT Greg Little Updates (De-Commits from Texas A&M)

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Really if we can get a dominate left tackle in next years class he could come in and take Cam's spot. That will be a huge selling point next year.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
One year at right tackle and then take over for Cam after next year. Would be a no brainer for even a non fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One year at right tackle and then take over for Cam after next year. Would be a no brainer for even a non fan.

Doubtful that happens because of JUCO T Charles Baldwin coming in January. He's expected to replace Dom at RT.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Apparently he has been told he can play OG next year, then possibly take over for Cam the next year if he earns it.....I hope Piers, Shank and Bozeman are listening. Some say he was ok with that idea, but probably being told he could start at LT for OM sooner. Would he be good enough at OG to unseat one of those 3 previously mentioned experienced Guards?

You know he could RS, get stronger and start at LT for Bama as a RSFr if he is that good and still go pro after his RS Soph year if he is that good.

But if OM is your cup of tea, then go be on a historically mediocre team, on a historically below average program and play for a mediocre coach and hope things work out and you help OM make it to their first ever SEC Championship game. The teams that have never been to the SECCG...Vanderbilt, Kentucky, TX AM and OLE MYTH.....now think about that one.

Apparently Humorous Freeze can sale (or buy) a bill of goods pretty well.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Well..One of them will be taking over the C spot after Kelly leaves..If he comes in ready too play he can see the field next year if he's ready to earn a spot..
Apparently he has been told he can play OG next year, then possibly take over for Cam the next year if he earns it.....I hope Piers, Shank and Bozeman are listening. Some say he was ok with that idea, but probably being told he could start at LT for OM sooner. Would he be good enough at OG to unseat one of those 3 previously mentioned experienced Guards?

You know he could RS, get stronger and start at LT for Bama as a RSFr if he is that good and still go pro after his RS Soph year if he is that good.

But if OM is your cup of tea, then go be on a historically mediocre team, on a historically below average program and play for a mediocre coach and hope things work out and you help OM make it to their first ever SEC Championship game. The teams that have never been to the SECCG...Vanderbilt, Kentucky, TX AM and OLE MYTH.....now think about that one.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

If he's so talented that he could leave rs soph year, why even redshirt? Could at least get snaps in garbage time fresh year if anything, and more depth

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
It always strikes me as a novel recruiting strategy to question a player's priorities, his intelligence or to imply he and his family are on the take. Where do I sign?
Not to mention that 20 years ago, when we found ourselves in a similar position of mediocrity under Dubose, we cheated with the best of them.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The only two things I believe that Freeze has to sell over us are: 1.Two heavily Bama assisted wins the last two years, this year`s being an absolutely bizarro freak show of a game and 2. " You start, day one, left tackle". Facilities? Nope. Academics? Don`t think so. Coaching? No. Players to the league? Probably got them in spades on that. Girls? .......Wellll... let`s call that one a draw (maybe). Who knows? Maybe #2 is all it`ll take.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
It's a valid enough consideration just in terms of development: do I develop better starting at G and then having the opportunity to move to LT, or do I develop better starting at LT (even if that means taking more knocks)? For some guys, the knocks destroy confidence and can easily impede development, so they would be better served with a plan that builds them up with incremental successes.
For some guys, getting a shot at the spot where you want to end up is the way to go, even if it means some knocks at first.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
The only two things I believe that Freeze has to sell over us are: 1.Two heavily Bama assisted wins the last two years, this year`s being an absolutely bizarro freak show of a game and 2. " You start, day one, left tackle". Facilities? Nope. Academics? Don`t think so. Coaching? No. Players to the league? Probably got them in spades on that. Girls? .......Wellll... let`s call that one a draw (maybe). Who knows? Maybe #2 is all it`ll take.
Not real sure the girls part would be a draw:wink:. I have been to both places on game day and they have us there.

That being said and all I would love to see us get this guy, but if he does end up at Ole Miss (which I think he will) it will not be a big deal there are other players out there.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Freeze's pitch: Hey we beat Bama ... now all we have to do is figure how to do the same thing for the rest of the season lol In all seriousness, I hope he rolls with us but wish him well in whichever school he picks.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Well..One of them will be taking over the C spot after Kelly leaves..If he comes in ready too play he can see the field next year if he's ready to earn a spot..
Hassenauer has to lose his center spot to Bozeman for that to happen. But you are right someone has to replace Kelly...may the best C win.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
It always strikes me as a novel recruiting strategy to question a player's priorities, his intelligence or to imply he and his family are on the take. Where do I sign?
Not to mention that 20 years ago, when we found ourselves in a similar position of mediocrity under Dubose, we cheated with the best of them.
Dubose was just too naïve, chicken sh** to correct people and too busy with his pants down to know what was going on around him....And Bama was not historically mediocre, had plenty of history to sale, had won a NC in the near past, played and won in the SECCG under Dubose (think about that one)and yes put on probation for their transgressions. Still cheated with all they had going for them, because he was a below average coach that needed to win (sound familiar, except for the NC caliber program part).

I am not accusing Little's family of anything. He wants to start as a Frosh, and that is at least one thing OM can offer...

But all of the sudden OM is a recruiting machine?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's going to fun to watch who takes over the C position after Kelly leaves..Didn't Bozeman play C when Kelly couldn't play this season..It seems like I remember Kelly got hurt one game & Bozeman came in for him..
Hassenauer has to lose his center spot to Bozeman for that to happen. But you are right someone has to replace Kelly...may the best C win.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Dang..The Dubose Era 20yrs ago..Time sure does fly by doesn't it..That's an era I'm glad is far in the past that's for sure..

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
It's going to fun to watch who takes over the C position after Kelly leaves..Didn't Bozeman play C when Kelly couldn't play this season..It seems like I remember Kelly got hurt one game & Bozeman came in for him..
Yea Bozeman was the backup center and played for Kelly last year and did pretty good filling in for an injured Kelly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.